Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 215/40/17 Advan Fleva V701

I just got the Flevas installed in the stock size. I will post a review once I get a chance to really test them out (damn cornonavirus!)
so I took a drive this morning. Dry weather, twisty roadThe Flevas are a bit noisier than stock but seem to provide a similar level of steering feel, turn in, and grip compared to OEM Bstone summer tires. So far I like them.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Will 215/40R17 rub on our cars?
As long as you are lowered 1.1" or less like common Eibach and Swift springs then no... I had the tiniest, tiniest bit of rub when full crank steering in parking lots whe the tires were brand spanking new, but it was so little that literally just 1,000 miles on the tires and they worn down back to zero rubbing at all... and it's not really about being 10mm wider, well, it is partly, and you can bet your ass it helps with traction having so much torque when tuned in these cars, but really it's that you do get an extra 1/4" of sidewall over 205/40 that makes a huge difference in ride quality and pothole protection. I have cheap-ass 215/40/17's on Eibach and I literally could not be any happier, I'm not sure why so many people who don't race still insist on going with smaller wheels and tons of sidewall that look ugly AF just for a better ride when there are options... OK, the ugly part is subjective, but many people think that's still the main way to improve ride when it's just one of a few effective ways. But also, not even sure losing unsprung weight even helps for those of us who choose ride quality by using progressive rate springs, can someone chime in on that? Would it make the car "floatier" or still actually help with progressive springs by using lighter wheels?

so I took a drive this morning. Dry weather, twisty roadThe Flevas are a bit noisier than stock but seem to provide a similar level of steering feel, turn in, and grip compared to OEM Bstone summer tires. So far I like them.
the seem to have a shorter breakaway time, So I found myself being more attentive towards the limit to feel the beginnings of understeer and oversteer.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Looking at getting the 215/40r17s and coming from Falken RT615K+ . Bumping a dead thread but just thought id enquire,Plus discount has $110 off a set of 4 currently. Do they grip just as good as the Falkens?
Here's another thread on those tires that I started when I was thinking about getting them. I did get them and like them a lot, turn in is crisp and solid, ultimate grip is good on the street. I can't compare them to the grip of the Falken tires because I haven't had those.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/has-anyone-tried-the-yokohama-advan-fleva-v701.28473/

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here's another thread on those tires that I started when I was thinking about getting them. I did get them and like them a lot, turn in is crisp and solid, ultimate grip is good on the street. I can't compare them to the grip of the Falken tires because I haven't had those.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/has-anyone-tried-the-yokohama-advan-fleva-v701.28473/
Im also DHM360R BT* 4 port might just stay 615k+...They dont dont spin on rapid accell as much as my last Firestone indys. I still got 2 days to decide for the $110 off.

Erick_V

Im also DHM360R BT* 4 port might just stay 615k+...They dont dont spin on rapid accell as much as my last Firestone indys. I still got 2 days to decide for the $110 off.
I can't see them being as sticky as the Falkens, Ive had the 615k+ and the RT660 and love them both. Personally, I would keep the 615k+ only because of your power level (300-350?). I can see them being as grippy or maybe 1/10 more grippy than the Firestone's, ran those too but they weren't a fan of FBO stock turbo + E30 at all lol

Dialcaliper

The Fleva’s are an awesome summer tire with good feel. Great for a daily or weekend sports car, but for overall grip they won’t keep up with the 200TW tires, even the older generation tires like the 615K or the old Rivals. The trade off will be better tread life (probably 30k+ miles on a set).

Gripwise, they are on par with the Indy 500, but having experienced both, I think the Flevas have better ride and steering feedback - all around I think they’re a slightly better tire than the 500’s (which I thought had vague feel and didn’t really like)

With a big turbo setup, you may find them a little lacking compared to the Falkens. Good tire and a minor step up/revision from the S.Drives they replaced but they aren’t really in the same class of tire.

I got some bargain basement 215/40R17 Delinte Thunder D7 All-Season Walmart tires for winter. They are a great bit taller than the G-max 205/40 they replaced. I got the taller cheaper tire mainly because around my area in winter, potholes pop up in the most inconvenient areas like right in the split were you merge from a on ramp. Already caught a flat with the G-Max's from this. They are definitely squirmy in comparison, but the taller gearing does make for more controllable 3rd gear wheel spin and a slight reduction in 2nd gear spin.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I got some bargain basement 215/40R17 Delinte Thunder D7 All-Season Walmart tires for winter. They are a great bit taller than the G-max 205/40 they replaced. I got the taller cheaper tire mainly because around my area in winter, potholes pop up in the most inconvenient areas like right in the split were you merge from a on ramp. Already caught a flat with the G-Max's from this. They are definitely squirmy in comparison, but the taller gearing does make for more controllable 3rd gear wheel spin and a slight reduction in 2nd gear spin.
What DOES THIS have to do with the price of Tea in china or the Yoko Advan Fleva?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
IM just gonna roll My 615k+ to the ragged edge and buy another set this summer. Thanks for al lthe input! [driving]

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I was reading a thread on just 215/40/17 tire experiences and had this thread open in another tab. Replied here by accident. Delete.
Hehe... I've done similar before.
IM just gonna roll My 615k+ to the ragged edge and buy another set this summer. Thanks for al lthe input! [driving]
Different line of Yokohama tire and was decades ago, but regardless will never trust another Yokohama after experiencing a partial tread separation on a newer set in a prior vehicle. Too many other options out there.