Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New base black ST

Compuwhiz

After a few months of deliberation, I picked up a new FiST today. Base in tuxedo black. Originally wanted a Performance Blue, but the only one nearby without a front plate bracket got sold today before I worked out a deal with the dealer. I found this one online and it didn't have a front bracket. North Carolina doesn't use them, so I'm not sure why so many dealers around here order Fiestas with the front bracket.

I first test drove a FiST back in March, liked it ok but thought the clutch was very touchy. Drove one again at the Ford Ecoboost Challenge in Raleigh. Today on the test drive I did fine with the clutch, think it just took some getting used to. Car had 33 miles on the odometer when did the test drive.

I used 0% Ford financing with the $500 Ecoboost rebate and $500 private cash.

Previously owned a 2008 Mazda Miata that I sold last year, and still have a 2000 Honda Prelude that I will probably be selling later this year.

The Fiesta had a small gouge in one of the plastic window trim panels that will be replaced by the dealer. Also having a small problem with Sirius, when I try to browse stations it just shows "Loading..." indefinitely. I can listen to the presets so I know the satellite receiver is working. I don't intend to pay for SiriusXM anyway, but seems like there is a software glitch of some kind.

Attachments

Veddy good. No roof. I did get a roof, not by choice, and I don't really use it. Welcome, as well.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard.

OP
C

Compuwhiz

Thread Starter #8
Thanks all! My salesperson called me today and said the trim piece should be in within a few days. Also wasn't sure why Sirius was having that problem, he said there is some activation or reset thing he can do from his phone when I have the car turned on.

haste

1000 Post Club
Congrats! I was also at the Raleigh ecoboost challenge and I personally thought it suuuucked(my wife thought it was a waste of time, too). If you have never experienced that kinda thing then I guess it would be ok. [:)]

This is exactly my car. Who needs a sunroof? Had sunroofs in my last 2 cars and never used them - also adds probably 20lbs. Who needs navi? Use your phone. And the standard seats have so far seemed fine to me - did a 3 hour drive a couple of weeks ago and was perfectly comfortable. Never had a problem sliding around in the seats round corners during road driving - can't speak for track if you are going to do that.

Congratulations - you've gotten yourself a permanent grin car.

rexdriver85

Congratulations! A lot of us have experienced the Sirius "loading" glitch. It's almost like the system overloads from all the data it needs to read. It happens to me also, I just turn the radio off and then back on and it works perfectly after that.

No software is perfect especially when Microsoft is involved, haha. [emoji13]

Enjoy your new smile generator!