Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Car Need Help

I just got a 2015 Fiesta St, white with black interior. Looking to kind of mod it out performance and cosemetics. Right now for performance looking at going stage 1 FBO. Cosemetically im kind of new to this kind of car it’s my second car I came from a Ram 1500 HEMI so kind of new to options. Looking at a splitter maybe some side skirts and a diffuser. Probably going to do a Starlight and under glow once I get my side skirts and what not done. Kind of looking for suggestions for budget friendly cosemetics and performance. Right now I’m on stock rims I kind of want to get some black rims not really picky just something that won’t break the bank. I plan on going big turbo in the future once I’m stage 2 or 3. But right now just some budget mods. If anyone has any suggestions on anything performance, anythign to make it look better please feel free. I’m new to the car kind of scene so it would be very helpful. Thank y’all for reading.

Attachments

ORANGEST

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
It looks like you're already pretty low. I recommend no exterior cosmetic mods other than debadging and one or two stickers, MAXIMUM. I'd replace all three engine mounts, then look into an intercooler if you're still on OEM. Next steps might be a downpipe and an AccessPort. It's just my two cents, but I'd NOT touch aero and cosmetics until you've thrown some money at performance. Like do you have oil and filter for your next oil change, and the jacks and ramps/stands to do it? How are your brakes? Transmission fluid? The way I look at it... if you're not making sure all of this is good to go (on a 10-year old car!) why would you be prioritizing fashion over function?

OP
Landon Decker
Thread Starter #3
It looks like you're already pretty low. I recommend no exterior cosmetic mods other than debadging and one or two stickers, MAXIMUM. I'd replace all three engine mounts, then look into an intercooler if you're still on OEM. Next steps might be a downpipe and an AccessPort. It's just my two cents, but I'd NOT touch aero and cosmetics until you've thrown some money at performance. Like do you have oil and filter for your next oil change, and the jacks and ramps/stands to do it? How are your brakes? Transmission fluid? The way I look at it... if you're not making sure all of this is good to go (on a 10-year old car!) why would you be prioritizing fashion over function?
I bought it from my dads dealership, has brand new brakes and rotors all around. As far as everything else goes nothing done performance wise, how hard is it to replace the engine mounts? They just put new ones in at the dealership before I bought it so not sure if I really need to. Currently making a list on everything I want to do, first performance I think I wanna do is an intake and then Intercooler. Then gonna get full exauhst downpipes and all.

Attachments

ORANGEST

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Motor mounts are not difficult. Maybe look into doing a Symposer Delete first?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
This your daily driver; only vehicle? Performance wise, enjoy it stock for awhile. Familiarize yourself with it through and and through so you know what's normal versus what isn't.

Often times people get into altering a bunch of stuff then eventually tire of dealing the resultant issues and expense on top of the normal maintenance. Soured on the experiences they move on to altering their next vehicle. (rinse and repeat)

I just got a 2015 Fiesta St, white with black interior. Looking to kind of mod it out performance and cosemetics. Right now for performance looking at going stage 1 FBO. Cosemetically im kind of new to this kind of car it’s my second car I came from a Ram 1500 HEMI so kind of new to options. Looking at a splitter maybe some side skirts and a diffuser. Probably going to do a Starlight and under glow once I get my side skirts and what not done. Kind of looking for suggestions for budget friendly cosemetics and performance. Right now I’m on stock rims I kind of want to get some black rims not really picky just something that won’t break the bank. I plan on going big turbo in the future once I’m stage 2 or 3. But right now just some budget mods. If anyone has any suggestions on anything performance, anythign to make it look better please feel free. I’m new to the car kind of scene so it would be very helpful. Thank y’all for reading.
Personally, Id say drive it stock for 1000-2000 miles before you start to do performance mods to get USED to how it handles etc, its fun stock, you will feel confident, a main reason people love the FiST's!!! Get a $20-40 Gas Pedal spacer and LEARN how to HEEL/TOE! The pedal spacer raised the gas pedal by about 1" which makes Heel/Toe sooo much easier, I wear a size 10 Shoe... you'll thank me, trust me!

I wouldn't do much to the exterior, parts are Limited and too expensive in my personal opinion but... I'd get RAIN VISORS, 20% tinted windows, diffuser fins and maybe Rally Flaps, All mods I had installed...

- Id highly recommend getting some HID LED's for the LOW beams off Amazon, They run about $50 and are SOOO WORTH IT! I had 10,000k Lumen Low beans & 7k lumen fog lights, shit was stupid bright at night hahaha

Check out DIZZY tuning Mod path. Basically everything one can do to a Fiesta ST!

https://dizzytuning.com/blogs/technical-documents/the-ultimate-guide-to-modding-your-fiesta-st

Regarding interior AND Underglow Kits, I ran OPT7 (got off Amazon) and had their interior and underflow kit on my ST for I wanna say 3-4 years, ZERO ISSUES! They cost about $70/each and were so awesome hahah Fast and Furious Tokyo vibes for sure!

Other than that, Id HIGHLY recommend getting a Cold Air Intake, Rear Motor Mount, Symposer Delete - move plastic 1" diameter hose under the Intake filter for more cabin fun noises, INTERCOOLER & COBB ACCESSPORT and a tune from DIZZY, Tune+ or some other reputable tuner! Catted Downpipes aren't really needed as the stock is fine for now, some people even keep the stock DP and run the WHOOSH HYBRID Turbo for reference, Id put that $400 DP money towards the Intercooler, CAI or Accessport, not even a question tbh...

I wound up getting mods in this order and was pretty happy with my FiST..

CAI, RMM, Intercooler, Accessport w/ custom 91/E30 tune from Dizzy, Flowmaster CBE, Symposer Delete, and then a Turbomart Plumb BOV since the stock over time had slight issues holding 25PSI consistently and then I forget but that's the gist! Regarding the RMM install, its just as easy as changing your oil, seriously.... Have fun!

Sadly my FiST was STOLEN while I was attending a baseball game 3 nights ago... Im so upset, I LOVE my FiST and YOUR GONNA LOVE YOURS TOO, if you enjoy driving spiritedly!

Last edited:
Welcome, and you are in a good place as there’s many active members here. New and older veterans. There’s a ton of great info here on how to mod and how to do maintenance. Just read alot and get familiar with your new car. There’s also YouTube that I check out as well. You’ll have to decide what’s important to you and what’s your realistic goal. Some prefer extra performance, others more esthetics, and some here are after all out track weapons lol. I think you’ll find your way just fine based on your interests and goals. 🤘🏼

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Personally, Id say drive it stock for 1000-2000 miles before you start to do performance mods to get USED to how it handles etc, its fun stock, you will feel confident, a main reason people love the FiST's!!! Get a $20-40 Gas Pedal spacer and LEARN how to HEEL/TOE! The pedal spacer raised the gas pedal by about 1" which makes Heel/Toe sooo much easier, I wear a size 10 Shoe... you'll thank me, trust me!

I wouldn't do much to the exterior, parts are Limited and too expensive in my personal opinion but... I'd get RAIN VISORS, 20% tinted windows, diffuser fins and maybe Rally Flaps, All mods I had installed...

- Id highly recommend getting some HID LED's for the LOW beams off Amazon, They run about $50 and are SOOO WORTH IT! I had 10,000k Lumen Low beans & 7k lumen fog lights, shit was stupid bright at night hahaha

Check out DIZZY tuning Mod path. Basically everything one can do to a Fiesta ST!

https://dizzytuning.com/blogs/technical-documents/the-ultimate-guide-to-modding-your-fiesta-st

Regarding interior AND Underglow Kits, I ran OPT7 (got off Amazon) and had their interior and underflow kit on my ST for I wanna say 3-4 years, ZERO ISSUES! They cost about $70/each and were so awesome hahah Fast and Furious Tokyo vibes for sure!

Other than that, Id HIGHLY recommend getting a Cold Air Intake, Rear Motor Mount, Symposer Delete - move plastic 1" diameter hose under the Intake filter for more cabin fun noises, INTERCOOLER & COBB ACCESSPORT and a tune from DIZZY, Tune+ or some other reputable tuner! Catted Downpipes aren't really needed as the stock is fine for now, some people even keep the stock DP and run the WHOOSH HYBRID Turbo for reference, Id put that $400 DP money towards the Intercooler, CAI or Accessport, not even a question tbh...

CAI, RMM, Intercooler, Accessport w/ custom 91/E30 tune from Dizzy, Flowmaster CBE, Symposer Delete, and then a Turbomart Plumb BOV since the stock over time had slight issues holding 25PSI consistently and then I forget but that's the gist! Regarding the RMM install, its just as easy as changing your oil, seriously.... Have fun!

Sadly my FiST was STOLEN while I was attending a baseball game 3 nights ago... Im so upset, I LOVE my FiST and YOUR GONNA LOVE YOURS TOO, if you enjoy driving spiritedly!
Sorry to hear your car was stolen. I'd suggest to all the other owners that they should get a hidden kill switch installed. They might get in but can't start the car. Not expensive either. I got mine installed for less than $100. Peace of mind.

OP
Landon Decker
Thread Starter #9
Thank you guys for all the help. kind of helped me prioritize different things now. I think im gonna go with an intake first, I live in FL car needs to breathe. Looking at getting an Access port rn, kind of stupid but I really want a pop tune im just weird like that. Then gonna build off from there here and there when I can.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Sorry to hear your car was stolen. I'd suggest to all the other owners that they should get a hidden kill switch installed. They might get in but can't start the car. Not expensive either. I got mine installed for less than $100. Peace of mind.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/time-to-don-the-tin-foil.22933/post-389855

Really need more detail as to how they kidnapped the car. Contrary to certain Kia, Toyota, vehicles, first I've read of a Fiesta getting abducted.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thank you guys for all the help. kind of helped me prioritize different things now. I think im gonna go with an intake first, I live in FL car needs to breathe. Looking at getting an Access port rn, kind of stupid but I really want a pop tune im just weird like that. Then gonna build off from there here and there when I can.
Pop tunes are fairly common on forums other than this one, but my unsolicited hot take is they sound like shit. I initially wanted one with my tune, as my roommate's Veloster N makes nice pops (Very tastefully, and not 24/7) but the more I looked at Fiestas with pop tunes they just pop... all the time. Loud. And stock the car doesn't really back up the pops enough performance wise match, they're much better with a nice sounding exhaust and maybe a burble tune with an aftermarket cat and generally being on the stealthier side than magdumping every time you let off the gas in a residential neighborhood. Seems to be pretty common with people who have them ending up dropping it, but luckily the retunes aren't that expensive so it's not a huge deal if you end up getting tired of it.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONDOLENCES!

Im ogrianlly from NY and in the Bronx back in the mid 90-2000's, there were rings that had flat beds and tow trucks, they would just load it up and no one said shit b/c they thought it was a legit tow truck with magnetic fake signs and everything...

Ive been honestly thinking about HOW they would have taken it right from the heart of San Diegos Gaslamp, 3 blocks from the Padres Stadium and the link to the Popular Mechanics article I think hit it on the head. Someone either copied my RFID ky fob when I was unlocking or locking it or they use a tow truck... There was NO glass where I parked or evidence the car was her there except I have a record on my Debit card since I PAID the fucking street meter...

I have never EVEN considered a KILL SWITCH or even knew they existed!! Ive never had anything stolen from me, nothing this serious anyway... Im kicking myself in the ass Because I got a puppy back in December and put a apple air tag on his collar, I was going to get 2 more for my cars and was like, WTH do I need one for.... Only If I could see 11 months into the future! Ill be definitely getting some sort of GPS security for my next vehicle. Im so sad, I took such good care of my FiST just to most likely be broken down for parts... Whoever stole it, probably doesn't know I had an ethanol tune and the Gaslamp was on hopefully they filled it with 87 and it blows up in their fucking faces... UGH, im so saddened guys! Sorry and END of my rant...

Last edited:
Id say stay away if you can... It may be fun for a few weeks but it will get annoying AF especially since you won't be THAT quick... all bark, little bite! hahah but do you my friend! have fun with it!! I'd personally spend that pops tune $$ on some of the parts I listed above... or EVEN some component front door speakers, 10" SUB and AMP! I had JBL GTO Component speakers in the front doors and the CLARITY was 10x better! Its like Listening to Music on through your cell phone speaker and then listening to the same song with Legit Studio Monitors, like Yahama HS-8's!!! you will be VERY VERY surprised on how many sounds you're missing out on with stock crappy speakers!!!

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Id say stay away if you can... It may be fun for a few weeks but it will get annoying AF especially since you won't be THAT quick... all bark, little bite! hahah but do you my friend! have fun with it!! I'd personally spend that pops tune $$ on some of the parts I listed above... or EVEN some component front door speakers, 10" SUB and AMP! I had JBL GTO Component speakers in the front doors and the CLARITY was 10x better! Its like Listening to Music on through your cell phone speaker and then listening to the same song with Legit Studio Monitors, like Yahama HS-8's!!! you will be VERY VERY surprised on how many sounds you're missing out on with stock crappy speakers!!!
Got a link for the speakers you used?

Yes - “driver mods” like learning how to heel-toe,double clutch for downshifts when skipping gears, and of course handling at the limit are all a joy in this car. As many will note on here,
auto crossing these is a great way to learn vehicle dynamics at the limit and an inexpensive way to get started. Then you’ll have explored the limits safely and can decide to mod from there. But to each their own

or EVEN some component front door speakers, 10" SUB and AMP! I had JBL GTO Component speakers in the front doors and the CLARITY was 10x better! Its like Listening to Music on through your cell phone speaker and then listening to the same song with Legit Studio Monitors, like Yahama HS-8's!!! you will be VERY VERY surprised on how many sounds you're missing out on with stock crappy speakers!!!
For only a couple hundred bucks these sound like worthwhile upgrades. I don't know anything about car audio equipment (I don't think the stock system sounds terrible) so would these speakers and sub be plug and play?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
For only a couple hundred bucks these sound like worthwhile upgrades. I don't know anything about car audio equipment (I don't think the stock system sounds terrible) so would these speakers and sub be plug and play?
Subs are not plug and play in our car but the speakers should be

Got a link for the speakers you used?

JBL GTO Component speakers ARE plug and play with a harness, also cheap off Amazon. Install was easy, running the wires fairly easy too. you Dont NEED an amp for them but if you have a 100w 4cha amp, im sure they would be stupid loud. I ran them with NO amp...

For the sub, you'll need to go to a Audio place and buy a LINE OUT PUT CONVERTER (LOC). They will take the audio signal from a speaker and attach RCA cables, These RCA cables send the auto signal to your amp... LOC's cost about $50 to install, maybe $35 just bought...

https://a.co/d/ffxfLRT or https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ANI3LAK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

JBL Amp https://a.co/d/idmm3ZO or https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GYU71K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1