Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New clutch?

I'm getting the Quaife LSD installed in a couple weeks. Should I replace the clutch and flywheel with spec stage 3 and single mass lightweight flywheel since the tranny will be taken out for the lsd install?

My car is running standard hp and tq.

Would it be a bad idea to install the lightweight flywheel and a 352tq rated clutch with factory power? The car is my daily driven track day car.

I do attend track days but don't plan on increasing power levels anytime soon.

Spec 10lb aluminum flywheel with Spec 6 puck clutch with carbon graphite friction material.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I decided to stay with the stock unit for now and have one of the most modded FiSTs around and with the Quaife.

Eventually I will have to replace the clutch but will stay with a stock flywheel unless a Chromolly one in a middle weight is available.

I have one new in box with flywheel I am trying to unload since I dont have the car anymore Spec stage 3 and lightweight flywheel

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
If you are going to do it anyways it could be the time to do it but you will need a ford dealer to relearn your misfire thing after you change the flywheel like the Mustangs as it calls for this in the shop manual any time the flywheel is removed and (IF) you get misfire codes after.. Linky
I am well past Stg 3 with a Quaife installed late last winter with no problems on the stock unit but plan on looking into it once I do the turbo Upgrade early next year I hope :)