Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Fiesta ST owner here

Daz

Hello there! I just purchased my first Fiesta ST after 5 years with a 2011 Fiesta SE. I have to say I am quite enjoying the ST life. So, the story of how I came to acquire the car was last summer, my friend was looking for a new car and myself and another friend were helping him to find the perfect fit for him. In our research, both my friends were telling me about how much better the fiesta could get compared to the base model and me not really being a car guy I let them convince me to change my 2011 fiesta se with 80 000 km for a 2014 Fiesta ST with 80 000k also. I went to try it and I fell in love and after some négociation with the dealership, they had changed the front bumper that had a crack on it and also installed a new clutch given that the old one was starting to slip. I ended up paying 12500$ Canadian rupees and I have been driving it since September.

Right now it's pretty stock, except for a sound symposer delete that came with the car. I am definitely planning on adding a few things and that's exactly why I'm here. I don't really plan on making the car much faster given that I do not want to use it on track and I only use it as a daily. The mods I want to do are mainly for ride quality and also how it sounds. I'm thinking a new exhaust, intake box (don't want to mess with a cold air intake given the weather around here) and maybe 16in wheels (because of our crappy roads).

Well there she is! Still looking for a name, maybe Roxy because it makes me think of Rocky. Let me know what you think!

Oh and don't mind the ice on the picture, it was -13c when I took it ;)

Attachments

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome

pixelzombie

I've been driving my ST in Chicago for the past month on 17" wheels and so far no mishaps to report. I doubt you have worse roads than us, but I can certainly understand wanting better ride comfort. That is the one glaring weakness of the ST.

OP
Daz

Daz

Thread Starter #9
I've been driving my ST in Chicago for the past month on 17" wheels and so far no mishaps to report. I doubt you have worse roads than us, but I can certainly understand wanting better ride comfort. That is the one glaring weakness of the ST.
Yes, roads around here are TERRIBLE. I'm in Montreal BTW. Since I've driven my 185/55/16 i've realized that the ride was sooo much more comfortable. I'm still debating if going to 205/50/16 will be a big improvement from 205/45/17

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yes, roads around here are TERRIBLE. I'm in Montreal BTW. Since I've driven my 185/55/16 i've realized that the ride was sooo much more comfortable. I'm still debating if going to 205/50/16 will be a big improvement from 205/45/17
It is and will be. I am running 205/45 16’s and I noticed the minute they went on. Oh and roads are crap here in LA.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
How much did it affect the handling, and what is the wheel selection like in 16 inches?
It all depends on if you want to run 16x8 or 16x7. Not as many 16x8 but the ones that are are pretty good If not excellent.
My Konig Dekagrams are a strong lightweight wheel. I do not feel it effected handling at all on my car. Partly because I picked a 205/45 for an 8 inch wheel that was wide enough in section width and and tread width to fit . Same deal can be done with a 205/50 . Though you could also run a narrow 215/45. If you go 225/45 it could effect turn in but having not done it myself I cannot tell you 100% it will.