Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New FiST owner w/a question!

Kbjj01

Hi!

Proud owner of a new Tux Black FiST base.

Quick question; it had about 100 miles on it when I got it (probably hard miles) so I am going to do an oil change in the next few days. I was reading the "Break In" thread and it recommended doing an oil change after the first 200 miles or so. It also said NOT to use full Synthetic (I'm a Mobil one guy). So my question is; what should I use for this first "break in" oil change? Just go with the manufactuerer recommened Ford oil and filter?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Proud owner of a new Tux Black FiST base.

Quick question; it had about 100 miles on it when I got it (probably hard miles) so I am going to do an oil change in the next few days. I was reading the "Break In" thread and it recommended doing an oil change after the first 200 miles or so. It also said NOT to use full Synthetic (I'm a Mobil one guy). So my question is; what should I use for this first "break in" oil change? Just go with the manufactuerer recommened Ford oil and filter?

Thanks in advance!
This is highly debated, but just follow the manuals instruction for break in oil and how you need to drive it for the first 1k miles. I can tell you these engines don’t leave the plant unless they past an engine run test to redline. Not using synthetic oil for break in is to allow the rotating assembly to wear to its operating tolerance. Welcome to the forum and enjoy the car. It’s a blast and the mod bug bites hard [emoji869]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
K

Kbjj01

Thread Starter #7
This is highly debated, but just follow the manuals instruction for break in oil and how you need to drive it for the first 1k miles. I can tell you these engines don’t leave the plant unless they past an engine run test to redline. Not using synthetic oil for break in is to allow the rotating assembly to wear to its operating tolerance. Welcome to the forum and enjoy the car. It’s a blast and the mod bug bites hard [emoji869]

So probably best to just drive it according to owners manual and not worry about oil change till after 1k then?

When I ordered mine and picked it up I asked about break in period and when I needed to bring it back . They told me they didn't have that break in period anymore and justbring it in at 5000 for the 1st oil change whih I just did about a week ago.

When I ordered mine and picked it up I asked about break in period and when I needed to bring it back . They told me they didn't have that break in period anymore and justbring it in at 5000 for the 1st oil change whih I just did about a week ago.
Are you at or over 5k miles?

I just hit 5000 about 2 weeks ago and took it in for the oil change and they said tbat everything was fine except for the summer tires that have a little wear.

I just hit 5000 about 2 weeks ago and took it in for the oil change and they said tbat everything was fine except for the summer tires that have a little wear.
Then grip it and rip it my dude, use full synthetic from now on. Look up LSPI on here and how different types of oil affect it in the FiST and go from there

Full synthetic is what was put in it at the factory. And I rip it every chance I get , so far I've had it up to 110 on the highway around here. [emoji38]

Fully synthetic oils aren’t all equal though, lower calcium oils is something to look for. I personally run penzoil ultra platinum for its lower calcium levels. I’d recommend not trying to accelerate hard in rpm below 2500. High load low torque is a block killer