Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Ford Escape is quick...ST coming?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Wow. YOU are SOOOO cool too!!!!

Can I play your game as well? Lets see;

Life's too short to drive a car that rides like crap.

Life's too short to drive a car with a crappy radio.

Life's to short to drive a car without climate control.

Life's to short to drive a car that doesn't run at least 13s.

Life's too short to drive a car with loud wind/road noise.

Life's too short to drive a car without a panoramic vista roof.

Life's too short to drive a car without......an advanced suite of standard driver-assist technologies that includes, Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking, Auto High-Beam Headlamps, and Lane-Keeping System.

You see where I am going with this right? You are a "purist" who hates SUVs, good for you! I'm certain if Ford builds an Escape ST it WILL NOT be marketed to people with your mind set (obviously). It will probably be marketed to someone a lot like me; a middle aged, reasonably successful family guy who wants a practical, comfortable, and safe small SUV which can also blow the doors off every other SUV in it's segment (as well as lots of other vehicles). Guess what, that isn't a bad thing at all.
Really still trying to figure out why you bought a Fiesta ST sometimes I don't believe you have one. Nothing about you makes any sense whatsoever. It would be like me buying a truck and then saying I want a sports car.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Best way to deal with these counterfeit ST's is to lure them into following you on a road like Tail of the Dragon. Once enough of these top heavy Barges go over the edge the Feds will start limiting the top speed of all Trucks (and an SUV IS a Truck) to something like 45 mph so they cant roll over.

Attachments

Really still trying to figure out why you bought a Fiesta ST sometimes I don't believe you have one. Nothing about you makes any sense whatsoever. It would be like me buying a truck and then saying I want a sports car.

Just so we're clear, you posted two of what I assume you believed were witty meme/pictures and you are confused about why I bought a FiST because I pointed out how ridiculous they were? Kinda odd since I didn't even bring up the FiST AND this post is in the "General Automotive Discussions" section........

What I can't figure out is how you fail to realize that I appreciate multiple types of unique vehicles. Is that really so hard to understand? A stock Explorer which runs 12s (Explorer ST); that is pretty cool. I brand new AWD Escape that runs low 14s; pretty cool too. I also like the Lightning, Typhoon, Syclone from back in the day; do you shit on those too? I also love Grand Nationals and Fox Bodies; they are comparatively slow and suck in the turns; so what? I'm not supposed to like/appreciate any of those vehicles why exactly?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You can like whatever you want. What I don't understand is you don't seem to like your car. Remember your focus vs. fiesta post left a bad taste for many of us. I also remember your little safety post you made about not passing judgment come on you posted that because you wanted a reaction it's very obvious.

We see things differently and that's okay. Other manufacturers have and will continue to fill the void that Ford has left in the market.

Last edited:

Brianmc27

You can like whatever you want. What I don't understand is you don't seem to like your car. Remember your focus vs. fiesta post left a bad taste for many of us. I also remember your little safety post you made about not passing judgment come on you posted that because you wanted a reaction it's very obvious.

We see things differently and that's okay. Other manufacturers have and will continue to fill the void that Ford has left in the market.

Exactly the point, I could care less about ‘watering down’ the ST badge; but Ford knocked it out of the park with the FiST, and now it’s gone.

It’s the first Ford I ever bought, and if the this CUV
movement continues, the last.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Exactly the point, I could care less about ‘watering down’ the ST badge; but Ford knocked it out of the park with the FiST, and now it’s gone.

It’s the first Ford I ever bought, and if the this CUV
movement continues, the last.
I have had 4 Ford products and this is my last. I know the layout of Ford vehicles so well it'll be a learning experience moving to a different manufacturer.

Apparently not since you made a point to bring up specific posts I have made which you disagree with......

As far as the safety post; if you are referring to the car seats discussion I'm not sure what your gripe is. If possible we should all strive to keep our kids as safe as possible. If my comment leads to a debate on the topic; good.

Oh and one more thing since you want to bring up off topic stuff (to this thread).

"Unless you have something positive to say just keep your mouth shut." - Ford ST July 19, 2019

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Oh and one more thing since you want to bring up off topic stuff (to this thread).

"Unless you have something positive to say just keep your mouth shut." - Ford ST July 19, 2019
Good one not really.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
My Wife has had 2 Ford escape AWD 2.0 EcoBoost as rentals. Would we buy one nope. I can't say much about the new one.
Ford wants to put the 2.3 in every vehicle.
So hopefully it is reliable long term.

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
While I am sad that Ford killed cars and I also dislike throwing ST badges on everything and trying to play performance, I do have a soft spot for small but quick SUVs and maybe that's why this peaked my interest.

I owned a 2005 Subaru Forester XT for many years...5speed...a small AWD wagon with manic speed, especially modded like mine was to 300awhp. Something special about that. An Escape ST probably won't have a tenth of the personality that car had, but it is still somewhat interesting to me. 300+hp stock with AWD is a nice combo in a small SUV.

Somewhat interesting as well:

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2020-ford-escape-st-ar185158.html

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
$47,000 wow that's a lot of money. In all honesty guys do you really think it's worth that type of money, because I believe that's $10,000 too high even for a sticker price that can be discounted. That's Kia stinger GT2 pricing with all the options that car starts at $33,000. I recently heard on a podcast that young people who are interested in buying a new car are changing their minds, and buying used due to the sticker shock of the price.

Also I watched a recent review of the Ford ranger with the premium sound system it was tested by an audio engineer, and it was one of the worst systems they have ever tested. If anyone's interested in that review it's by Savagegeese. He has an audio engineer test all the audio systems now.

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
$47,000 wow that's a lot of money. In all honesty guys do you really think it's worth that type of money, because I believe that's $10,000 too high even for a sticker price that can be discounted. That's Kia stinger GT2 pricing with all the options that car starts at $33,000. I recently heard on a podcast that young people who are interested in buying a new car are changing their minds, and buying used due to the sticker shock of the price.

Also I watched a recent review of the Ford ranger with the premium sound system it was tested by an audio engineer, and it was one of the worst systems they have ever tested. If anyone's interested in that review it's by Savagegeese. He has an audio engineer test all the audio systems now.

I’d never buy an Escape ST, and yeah the price is out of control. Just saying it reminds me of other small SUV/wagon sleepers like the Typhoon and Forester XT.

Savagegeese is my favorite car reviewer. I saw the one you’re talking about, great review and so funny as always.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Id rather have a Kia Telluride or Hyundai palisade for 42k fully loaded w/AWD. PLus ill put money on it their paint is better than fords crumby half assed hack job on their cars.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I’d never buy an Escape ST, and yeah the price is out of control. Just saying it reminds me of other small SUV/wagon sleepers like the Typhoon and Forester XT.
I always viewed the Forester XT as Scooby's better handling 'take' on the Typhoon. [thumb]
Those things can be downright wicked, especially when modded for handling, and a bit more power. [driving]

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38