Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new forum member Seriously considering a Fiesta ST

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #24
Thanks! I'm 34 and this is my first new car. I've had my Mazdaspeed Miata since summer of 2006 which I got used with 6k miles. I had at one point sworn off FWD cars forever save my Classic mini I drove for a year in japan before giving it to my son as a first car. I needed something that could seat 4 with 4 doors and used cars right now are holding a lot of value and I did not want to spend the same money or more on a used car like an STI or 335i that had 80k miles. This FiST will prove just as much fun as those cars or more. Can't wait to take delivery tomorrow!

I thought I was getting a good deal until I come on here and read what everyone else is getting.... I paid 22k so out the door with pa fees and tax it's about 23600. That's with just recaros and painted wheels.

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #28
means exactly what I think it means. Its the industry slang for the young guys that porter cars around, wash, and do odd jobs around the car lot. Unless is has become derogatory in the 14 years since I did it. Do you prefer lot jockey?

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #30
Or the hookers at truck stops..lol
At one point the term was interchangeable. Apparently it was a derogatory term for lot porters since the ladys of the night seem to have got if first

lot lizard.jpg

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #31
Well Crap. the dealer that I did the deal with yesterday called me this morning and told me that they could not get the car that it had been sold by the dealer that had it. I called that dealer and the do have the car but it has an extra dealer installed racing stripe and window tint. The asking price on the stripe is 800!!! what are they thinking!. Trying to see what they will come down to before I ride my bike down there to maybe get it. What a disappointment!

Yeah that sure sounds like a bunch of bull. Plus 800 for the stripe ! It's only a 500 dollar factory option.. Tell them to take it back off and the 800.

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #33
been scouring the internet and making calls this morning. May have found a dealer that can get one for me. I will see what Aprils incentives are and maybe be able to pick one up on Thursday evening but we will see. The local dealer is checking on trading for one but its a 3 hour drive away or more in traffic so it may be too far. Galpin ford tried to get me down there but I did not like the racing stripe. it was silver with an orange stripe on the side and kind of ugly after I soaked it in and my wife hated it so that was that. Plus I would have to take my motorcycle down there then go get it tomorrow which would be a total waste of time.

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #34
20150331_095313.jpg

Ugly as sin and 800 seriously? also had window tint for like 325 and the dealer I was originally talking to that was trying to dealer trade for a car is telling me it has lowjack which Galpin didn't tell me when they where trying to get me down there

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #36
View attachment 4508

Ugly as sin and 800 seriously? also had window tint for like 325 and the dealer I was originally talking to that was trying to dealer trade for a car is telling me it has lowjack which Galpin didn't tell me when they where trying to get me down there

I know right? an orange stripe on a blue car? That only works for Gulf racing.

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #38
No congrats I did not get a ST yet. The car got sold before the dealer trade went through

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
That stipe. Just wtf. Now I don't like it someone must but I get the feeling the car will be on the lot for a while and used as a demo.