Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New here and looking for some advice.

Hey guys, so I’m looking at buying a fiesta st 2018 in the next week or so and I want to do everything necessary that goes along with converting to a big turbo. I’m looking for advice as to which turbos, downpipes, induction kits, exhausts, engine mounts, inter coolers, aux fuel systems etc. and or wether to consider big turbo kits and if so which one? Are hybrid turbos worth it? I want to try and keep everything as cost effective as possible.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey guys, so I’m looking at buying a fiesta st 2018 in the next week or so and I want to do everything necessary that goes along with converting to a big turbo. I’m looking for advice as to which turbos, downpipes, induction kits, exhausts, engine mounts, inter coolers, aux fuel systems etc. and or wether to consider big turbo kits and if so which one? Are hybrid turbos worth it? I want to try and keep everything as cost effective as possible.
So....you wanna Keep things cost effective in a performance vehicle?.....That's funny....I hope you are joking! If your looking to save money stay on the Forum 24/7 and buy everything second hand to save money. The only thing bad with this is you wont get a warranty most of the time. Sit down....write down your power goals and get a second job to supply your need for speed addiction. If it was me....id start small... RMM....High flow panel filter....Cobb AP3 with a flash tune from one of the vendors such as Stratified...Dizzytuning....Tune plus. Stay away from the Stage shit also its a joke. if I was in stages id be a stage 23 or somewhere around there as its just a wiener measuring saying I think. Good Luck....oh and by the way I said I was never going to mod....It all started with the RMM and that was the gateway into all the other mods I have and its getting extensive. Good luck! Research....search and more research. Its what I did on a lot of my purchases. I SEE that your in South Africa.....this will make things more interesting. Possibly having to use Puma version of Tuning capabilities...Maxd out I think its called.

Last edited:

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Most benefit for the money is definitely a Cobb Access Port. A custom tune will make your car feel much more livelier. It also has other functions like a boost gauge. It seems expensive for around $500 US, but I bought an unlocked used one one for like $350 US. If you plan on going big turbo or plan to add lots of mods, you're going going to need an AP to tune your car regardless.

Next thing that really makes a big improvement in shift feel and driving feel is an upgraded rear motor mount or RMM. Those can be had for less than $100 used or near new.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
As you have a international version of the car, I do not think a standard Cobb Accessport will work for you. The engine management is done differently than in the US.