Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New intake for our FiST's? Looks purdy

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Only the bottom of the ST200 box is what is different from stock. The top is the same as the one that came from the factory so this still should improve airflow with the different top matched to the ST200 bottom. But like I said is it even worth it as far as additional air flow gained. Someone would have to test it to see. I'm happy with my ST200 box. Open my hood and it looks completely stock and I like it that way. Stealthy

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
EXACTLY! [thumb]

Also why I will not change out the intake/crossover hoses/piping for aftermarket versions either, unless I go bigger turbo and they become a choke point for flow. [wink]

To Sell my CPE or not to sell my CPE that is the question! A bit upset with CPE currently had to pay $400 to fix my A/C because it rubbed on the A/C line even with a rmm so not sure. Almost just went back to stock, but figured out the a/c line and the shop that did the work fabed it up & made sure it would not touch AJG_9219.jpg

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
To Sell my CPE or not to sell my CPE that is the question! A bit upset with CPE currently had to pay $400 to fix my A/C because it rubbed on the A/C line even with a rmm so not sure. Almost just went back to stock, but figured out the a/c line and the shop that did the work fabed it up & made sure it would not touch View attachment 43740 View attachment 43740
I'd be selling it but that's just me.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I got the impression it replaced the top of the airbox and we reused the bottom piece of the oem airbox. Am I losing my marbles? Double checking pics. I got the shipping notification today. Unfortunately signature confirmation and of course Ill be at work when they deliver.
That is what I was seeing as well I am not sure how you got the idea from my statement otherwise.

It does show more of velocity stack than the top of the ST200 has which is what I was commenting to and due to that and the filter it would flow more even bolting up to the bottom of the ST200 box which has the cold air extension . Which is the beneficial part of the ST200.

Now if one want to minimize expenses they could sell their ST200 air box and grab a stock bottom and mod it to make it like a ST200 box.

A lot of you don’t care but the big thing I like about this is the same with the new Gesi cat downpipe they are selling. CARB stickers showing compliance.

Smog Tech see’s those on the car and goes ok your good. Sure the ST200 looks stealthy but this airbox is already 49 state EPA legal and soon to be CARB legal. So one does not need to worry about being stealthy and have stuff perform and look nicer.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The CARB legal and all is GREAT, but for those of us in states where they still do a draconian physical/visual inspection of the car (vs. just an OBD2 plug-in, or NOTHING at all), and we do not 'know' someone/a shop willing to chance passing us no matter what, these intakes just SCREAM "this car is modded, dig further" (especially the open ones, or the brightly colored CP-Es/etc.). [:(]

Yup, even if the part inspiring such is totally 200% legal.

Me too. So if you have an ST200 bottom box even more air flow into the box but the question is...is it needed? Will the setup even be able to move the additional airflow provided by the ST200 bottom. Where is the air flow restriction in this setup? That would help answer that question. Looks intriguing though.

The stock box limits around 300whp or just under, which was a surprise to me. I had a customer with s280 that was collapsing their induction hose around 26 psi. Drilled holes in the lower box, and problem solved.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
The stock box limits around 300whp or just under, which was a surprise to me. I had a customer with s280 that was collapsing their induction hose around 26 psi. Drilled holes in the lower box, and problem solved.
That pretty much verifies that the ST200 box is a benefit, especially if you are over 300hp.

ronmcdon

wow super tempting! Already have the ST200 airbox but
I got the impression it replaced the top of the airbox and we reused the bottom piece of the oem airbox. Am I losing my marbles? Double checking pics. I got the shipping notification today. Unfortunately signature confirmation and of course Ill be at work when they deliver.
Yeah ordered a downpipe from COBB the other day and was so pissed off because of the signature delivery thing. They don't mention that on their website and only found out until after the part was shipped.

Its even more embarrassing when shipping to a friend out of state and then having them pick the part up at UPS (thank you wonderful state of CA). Will try to call them and see if they can give it a rest with signature delivery nonsense. Will buy if I can get them to omit signature. To be fair ran into the same issue with Extreme Turbo Systems when ordering a catback for another car. Hope this is not an new industry trend.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #29

Yeah ordered a downpipe from COBB the other day and was so pissed off because of the signature delivery thing. They don't mention that on their website and only found out until after the part was shipped.

Its even more embarrassing when shipping to a friend out of state and then having them pick the part up at UPS (thank you wonderful state of CA). Will try to call them and see if they can give it a rest with signature delivery nonsense. Will buy if I can get them to omit signature. To be fair ran into the same issue with Extreme Turbo Systems when ordering a catback for another car. Hope this is not an new industry trend.
Good luck! I just got off the phone and went in circles screaming at the ai. I couldnt for the life of me get a living person on the line. It keeps circling you through menus and giving tracking info until it says to go online and good bye.

I was literally screaming representative into the phone and f bombing a phone service for 10 mins. Honestly it should be criminal they way UPS runs their customer support by phone.

All I wanted to do was change the delivery to go to a UPS access point location. Which it will end up doing anyway after I fail to be there to sign for the package due to the simple fact that I have a damn job.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

NOT that it is justified, or that I cannot stand this even more than you do, but the vendors/sellers must be getting a shit TON of claims for these expensive parts being ripped off from people's porches/front doors, is my guess. [mad]

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I know it's kind of irrational, but man do I want that intake. So long as the fitment is there, it looks like a solid upgrade. I wonder how much more volume it will flow compared to stock.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I know it's kind of irrational, but man do I want that intake. So long as the fitment is there, it looks like a solid upgrade. I wonder how much more volume it will flow compared to stock.
Stock is good to 300hp.

The CARB legal and all is GREAT, but for those of us in states where they still do a draconian physical/visual inspection of the car (vs. just an OBD2 plug-in, or NOTHING at all), and we do not 'know' someone/a shop willing to chance passing us no matter what, these intakes just SCREAM "this car is modded, dig further" (especially the open ones, or the brightly colored CP-Es/etc.). [:(]

Yup, even if the part inspiring such is totally 200% legal.

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with any of that where I live, no inspection, no DEQ, absolutely nothing lol