Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New McLaren--Oh, My . . . Me Want

Don't understand why they needed to do this. It takes the thunder out of the P1 (the front end isn't unique any more) and the 12C (this seems like quite an upgrade).

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #8
reminds me of the new NSX but thats just me ;)
Ya mean this?

I guess I kinda sorta see it, but I think the McLaren is a home run, while the NSX is no better than a stand-up double. Not bad, but not beautiful.

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #9
Don't understand why they needed to do this. It takes the thunder out of the P1 (the front end isn't unique any more) and the 12C (this seems like quite an upgrade).
The hood is, actually, quite a bit different from that of the P1, I think, though from the chin down they're similar. But the overall curvaceousness of this thing is gorgeous.

The P1 (here) is the high school prom queen, but the 650S above is Sophia Loren.

Note that I'm not talking performance. The P1 is, to quote Jeremy Clarkson, "a game-changer" . . . "astonishing". It does things cars have never done before. But the 650S has the looks--and I'm pretty sure the performance isn't all bad, either!

Does the price tag reflect its value? I don't think any car is worth a million bucks, but if I had a million bucks to spend on 1 toy, Id consider it an option.

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #13
Does the price tag reflect its value? I don't think any car is worth a million bucks, but if I had a million bucks to spend on 1 toy, Id consider it an option.
The P1 carries a much higher price tag than does the 650S, which is a (small?) step up from the 12C. Whether any car is "worth" a million bucks, well, that's an individual decision. Once I get a million dollars in a pile, and have the necessities well and properly taken care of, maybe--just maybe--I'd consider it. Until then, it's all pipe dream. And there must be something pretty good in that pipe!

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Ya mean this?

I guess I kinda sorta see it, but I think the McLaren is a home run, while the NSX is no better than a stand-up double. Not bad, but not beautiful.
That reminds me of this haha