Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New member from MD (not new owner, yet)

wbw

Hello everybody. New guy here. I'm currently driving a 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo, which I like very much. I'll continue to drive it as long as it stays together. Some folks on the Veloster forums have had catastrophic failures due to Low Speed Pre Ignition (LSPI). I hope that doesn't happen to me but it could.

So I'm sort of getting prepared in case I need to get another car unexpectedly. Even if Hyundai would honor their warranty and replace the motor, I would probably unload the car at that time. So I'm thinking about what to get next, and the Fiesta ST is at the top of my short list. I have not driven one. It looks to be comparable in size and performance to my Veloster. What has me concerned though, is a write-up in a ConsumerReports magazine that I received for Christmas. Their prediction for reliability of the Fiesta is Much worse than Average. Now I realize that the Fiesta ST is a fairly recent vehicle, but what are your experiences with the fiesta so far? Is it as bad as ConsumerReports makes it out to be? Please bear in mind that I am not coming here to start trouble. Just trying to determine the reliability of the car. Years ago the Dodge and Chrysler products got horrible reviews from CR. I've had numerous Dodge Caravans and two Dodge Intrepids over the years and would rate all of them as very good. So I take CR with a grain of salt. But they could be correct.

What say you folks about your cars? I may be driving one if the Veloster craps out.

Thanks for any input.

PS - is this the correct forum for this discussion, or should it be in the General Auto Discussion forum?

CanadianST

Still fairily early to be discussing reliability in my eyes. All i know is so far i haven't had a single issue (knock on wood) and I'm far from stock. There's always going to be the odd lemon but there doesn't seem to be any reoccurring issues yet that I'm aware of. Cars are still very new though.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Welcome Aboard.

I had a '11 Fiesta SES that I traded in with 45K miles for the ST.
I now have 20K miles on the ST.
Aside for the few differences the two cars are the same.
I have had no trouble at all with either in the 4 years of ownership.

Dave