Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New member from the Inland Empire (CA)

Hey guys, newbie here... well I was a lurker for a while.
I have an Orange FiST that I have been enjoying for a year or so.

I bought my 2017 orange ST from Chino Hills Ford in 2018.
There are several things that I cannot stand about the FiST, but many more that I love about the car.
I mainly use the FiST as a commuter car as I work in LA. So I often FiST around the 60 fwy during rush h
I went from a Honda Fit to this car, however, I still have the Fit - so I now drive both.
What else...
Upgrades:
Stereo system has been ”upgraded”, with new amp and speakers.
I have a COBB controller and I changed my map to a 91 oct boost map that came with the controller.
Just purchased a turbosmart em dual port BOV from Ron.
Desires:
I hope to get some meaty tires in the near future as well as some tame engine mods to extract a little more hp. Like I said, it’s a commuter car.
Right now I have my eyes on a set of 16” OZ wheels... maybe even some 15”?
Next I will look at an intake, then motor mounts.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! It's a good way to get to work.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
My in-laws live in Chino. Sometimes I drive my FiST out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Mine is white. I have orange wheels on it.

You’ll find the supplied tune from Cobb really wakes up the car. A flash tune from Dizzy/ Stratified will add even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd go dizzy for stock turbo, his response time is awesome and the e30 tune really is the only way to go. I only ran his 91 when I was not around a flex fuel station. Just be sure to test it if you want to be a responsible

Honestly if you're even considering a turbo, save your doe and do it right the first time. I spent way more money on all the small shit before dumping it on a turbo setup. Plugs are a must in my opinion if you're going to get tuned. Accessport is needed either way so that's not a waste. Buy a IC that can handle a bt, the price difference isnt that much. With those 2 things you can basically max the stock turbo out and use them when you go bt

OP
FiST_MxPSI
Thread Starter #15
Thanks for the advice. I was worried that I would buy stuff now for small mods and then want to upgrade more stuff. Which plugs do you recommend?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for the advice. I was worried that I would buy stuff now for small mods and then want to upgrade more stuff. Which plugs do you recommend?
NGK Iridium 6510 or the Ruthenium 95605 both are a step colder for keeping Cylinder temps down. Gap to .026-.028 also if not already pre-gapped

Last edited:
OP
FiST_MxPSI
Thread Starter #18
Excellent, thanks for the info. I’ll pick some up and do that next. This place is very helpful and I appreciate everyone coming forward with the advice. This really is a great community.