Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New member Octane Academy car

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
What did these things sell for?
Please crack a beer (or drink of choice) and be prepared to cry into it. I'm most of the way through the grieving process, I'm currently in acceptance but might regress based on this thread. I'm so disappointed I missed out. I think they were like $8k or 8,500. Chump change for what you get.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Please crack a beer (or drink of choice) and be prepared to cry into it. I'm most of the way through the grieving process, I'm currently in acceptance but might regress based on this thread. I'm so disappointed I missed out. I think they were like $8k or 8,500. Chump change for what you get.
If you want to race a car, this comes with a roll cage. If you want to rally it, this comes with a roll cage.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is OA going to be all trucks/SUVs going forward, or is Ford just cancelling the whole deal now that they don't have any more cars in their North American lineup, save for the 'Stangs, which will probably bite the dust soon as well? [dunno] [mad]

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Is OA going to be all trucks/SUVs going forward, or is Ford just cancelling the whole deal now that they don't have any more cars in their North American lineup, save for the 'Stangs, which will probably bite the dust soon as well? [dunno] [mad]
It's cancelled entirely.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
There's no more Octane Academy, which was just for Focus and Fiesta. They still have a day at Ford Performance Racing School free with a new GT350 (which is now discontinued too) and GT500. Otherwise it's the offroad Raptor school or the Explorer ST school.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Hi random out of the blue random but i have to ask can you put a Fiesta st engine and trans in a 2001 prelude
Given enough resources you can build pretty much anything. The question would be, "Why would you want to?" The Prelude's original engine makes the same power naturally aspirated.

Given enough resources you can build pretty much anything. The question would be, "Why would you want to?" The Prelude's original engine makes the same power naturally aspirated.
Well dont get me wrong i love VTEC but i also love the turbo noise coming from a fiesta St engine or maybe i could just RS swap the prelude but can it be done is all i want to know

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Supposedly, they left everything in, and intact, save for the compressor line (??).

It makes no sense, except for the fact that they planned on selling them all as street cars when 'out of service', or the whole program ended, as it has, yes, even despite the cages/harnesses installed in them. [dunno]

The AC compressor is unplugged... interesting. Is this something we should be considering for track days?
I'm pretty sure they serviced and repaired the engines over the years, and didn't bother with parts that weren't needed. The AC system has no drag with the clutch disengaged, just extra weight.