Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New member out of PA (southeast)

Hey! So I just got into a FiST and I’m loving it! I’ll attach an image of what it looks like now but I will definitely update as I go. I plan on making it my own, unlike any other with my personal touches/styling. Would love suggestions on power upgrades though! Please tell me a mod that you’ve done and what you’re honest opinion is about that product. Thank you! 802A4E6C-EC00-4345-AE8D-C96282BB087F.jpeg

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome!
There are a lot of options for mods, and most people seem to mod the FiST at least a little.
The first mod to do is a RMM (rear motor mount). The stock one is just too soft for anything but slow, easy shifting. You may already have one on it. A shift kit will shorten the throws, and make it feel more positive.
A tune will give it more push. You can go anywhere from a mild tune with no other mods to a big turbo that'll give you 300+ hp, if you want. I have an intercooler with an opened intake and a custom tune from a good tuner. It's quick enough for me, but some folks want more, and it's possible. You'd need some sticky tires to put the power down, though. I get a lot of spin with the stock tires.
I have mostly mountune parts. They're pretty and work very well. There are lots of other choices, though. Whoosh carries all kinds of goodies for this car.

OP
Pdubs369
Thread Starter #3
Welcome!
There are a lot of options for mods, and most people seem to mod the FiST at least a little.
The first mod to do is a RMM (rear motor mount). The stock one is just too soft for anything but slow, easy shifting. You may already have one on it. A shift kit will shorten the throws, and make it feel more positive.
A tune will give it more push. You can go anywhere from a mild tune with no other mods to a big turbo that'll give you 300+ hp, if you want. I have an intercooler with an opened intake and a custom tune from a good tuner. It's quick enough for me, but some folks want more, and it's possible. You'd need some sticky tires to put the power down, though. I get a lot of spin with the stock tires.
I have mostly mountune parts. They're pretty and work very well. There are lots of other choices, though. Whoosh carries all kinds of goodies for this car.
I’ve been looking into an intercooler for sure as I hear frequently that the stock ones are junk.. I’m not sure about the RMM as I’m the second owner and it has 18,000 miles on it. I guess it is possible! But I feel like this is 100% stock. I just got the car the other day and haven’t been able to get underneath it yet. If I do the RMM, wouldn’t I just do all motor mounts from a quality brand? Or is the RMM really the only “important” one to replace?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's the only one I replaced, but a lot of people replace all the mounts with something stiffer. I just haven't felt the need, as mine's just a DD. I don't beat on it that hard.
If you're going to drive it in the winter, you'll need some snow tires, probably mounted on some 15s or 16s. The stock ones suck when it gets snowy.
There are lots of choices, so read up on people's experiences. There's a lot of good info, and people here are pretty helpful.
Wait for seasonal sales around the holidays, and you can look for used stuff that comes up in the for sale section. I've had good luck with that.

OP
Pdubs369
Thread Starter #6
It's the only one I replaced, but a lot of people replace all the mounts with something stiffer. I just haven't felt the need, as mine's just a DD. I don't beat on it that hard.
If you're going to drive it in the winter, you'll need some snow tires, probably mounted on some 15s or 16s. The stock ones suck when it gets snowy.
There are lots of choices, so read up on people's experiences. There's a lot of good info, and people here are pretty helpful.
Wait for seasonal sales around the holidays, and you can look for used stuff that comes up in the for sale section. I've had good luck with that.
That would be great! Yeah I’m trying to keep these wheels in good shape, idk what it is but I love the look of the stock wheels. And in black! Can’t get better than that. Is there a certain section on this forum where I would be able to find any for sale?

Sam4

I’ve been looking into an intercooler for sure as I hear frequently that the stock ones are junk.. I’m not sure about the RMM as I’m the second owner and it has 18,000 miles on it. I guess it is possible! But I feel like this is 100% stock. I just got the car the other day and haven’t been able to get underneath it yet. If I do the RMM, wouldn’t I just do all motor mounts from a quality brand? Or is the RMM really the only “important” one to replace?
Intercooler is fine, but should be on your list. XR650R is right - motor mount all the way around.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Things that made a noticeable change for me were: RMM, lighter wheels with 200tw tires. Short shift kit (recommend the mountune). Interior LED (I went with red). The redline goods shift boot and armrest (quality leather pieces). Accessport with a tune, I went with Dizzy E30/93 flash and they are fantastic. Exhaust, really only a sound upgrade but makes driving the car feel incredible. I also did a symposer port BOV for those pppchew sounds.

Waiting on a hybrid turbo currently 7th week into a 4-8 week ship time. A turbo upgrade will take it to another level, but honestly try the dizzy tune with rmm and shift kit first. The tune plus tunes are great too but I only went that route cause I wanted a lifetime tune knowing the hybrid turbo was on the horizen.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Things that made a noticeable change for me were: RMM, lighter wheels with 200tw tires. Short shift kit (recommend the mountune). Interior LED (I went with red). The redline goods shift boot and armrest (quality leather pieces). Accessport with a tune, I went with Dizzy E30/93 flash and they are fantastic. Exhaust, really only a sound upgrade but makes driving the car feel incredible. I also did a symposer port BOV for those pppchew sounds.

Waiting on a hybrid turbo currently 7th week into a 4-8 week ship time. A turbo upgrade will take it to another level, but honestly try the dizzy tune with rmm and shift kit first. The tune plus tunes are great too but I only went that route cause I wanted a lifetime tune knowing the hybrid turbo was on the horizen.
Oh and while this isn't necessary the carbon fiber steering wheels transform the interior.

Nice color choice by the way!

Attachments

OP
Pdubs369
Thread Starter #12
Oh and while this isn't necessary the carbon fiber steering wheels transform the interior.

Nice color choice by the way!
Love the steering wheel!! got a link to that?? Also where did you get that ST dead pedal plate? I feel like we have the same mindset with appearance, that is if you don’t mind me completely copying you 😂

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Welcome!
Couldn't have said it any better! I've got an amalgamation of Mountune (RMM, intake, induction, FMIC, bov) and Whoosh (catback, aesthetics) parts with a Dizzy tune. It's purportedly running ~230whp and 310wtq with these mods, which is quite modest on paper, but at times (trying not to chirp tires around law enforcement) feels like too much power for me.

That said, there are so many options for customization on this car. Looking forward to seeing where you take it! Read: please follow up with pictures as you mod.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Oh another piece to consider. Oil catch can.
Being direct injection, turbo charged an occ can help keep your valves from developing carbon deposits or at least slow it down. Some swear by them others don't see a need. I chose a damond motorsports occ. Very easy install.

OP
Pdubs369
Thread Starter #16
Couldn't have said it any better! I've got an amalgamation of Mountune (RMM, intake, induction, FMIC, bov) and Whoosh (catback, aesthetics) parts with a Dizzy tune. It's purportedly running ~230whp and 310wtq with these mods, which is quite modest on paper, but at times (trying not to chirp tires around law enforcement) feels like too much power for me.

That said, there are so many options for customization on this car. Looking forward to seeing where you take it! Read: please follow up with pictures as you mod.
I will absolutely update as I go! Mostly because I’ll probably be having some questions. Right now I’m looking into a BOV, FMIC, RMM as well as a torque gusset. I work with and am very good buddies with someone who has a focus ST that’s built and he’s been helping me out with finding the right products as well.

OP
Pdubs369
Thread Starter #17
Oh another piece to consider. Oil catch can.
Being direct injection, turbo charged an occ can help keep your valves from developing carbon deposits or at least slow it down. Some swear by them others don't see a need. I chose a damond motorsports occ. Very easy install.
That has crossed my mind as well, my buddy with a built Focus ST has a dual catch can setup but said if probably be perfectly fine with a single catch can setup

I will absolutely update as I go! Mostly because I’ll probably be having some questions. Right now I’m looking into a BOV, FMIC, RMM as well as a torque gusset. I work with and am very good buddies with someone who has a focus ST that’s built and he’s been helping me out with finding the right products as well.
You'll find answers here! Honestly one of the most helpful and friendly communities I've had the pleasure of joining.