Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Motor Oils For GTDI Engines...

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I just needed something better for the meth and e85. The Amsoil was toast after just 1785 Street miles (albeit, they were VERY hard street miles).
You have me questioning using Amsoil. Granted I dont run E85 but mix it for my E30. Watching for new ideas.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I just needed something better for the meth and e85. The Amsoil was toast after just 1785 Street miles (albeit, they were VERY hard street miles).
As far as base stocks go, both the Amsoil Sig Series and the RP XPR use a healthy dose of PAOs in their base stocks, so unless it is a radically different additive pack, or more POEs (esters) in the (base stock) blend, I don't see how the XPR would be any better than the Amsoil SS as far as standing up to meth and E85 goes. [???:)]

Unless it is some other additive completely which RP adds into their racing oils to be able to specifically stand up to those caustic fuels?? [dunno]

Did RP tell you one way or another that their XPR is purposely designed to do just that?

TemecFist

As far as base stocks go, both the Amsoil Sig Series and the RP XPR use a healthy dose of PAOs in their base stocks, so unless it is a radically different additive pack, or more POEs (esters) in the (base stock) blend, I don't see how the XPR would be any better than the Amsoil SS as far as standing up to meth and E85 goes. [???:)]

Unless it is some other additive completely which RP adds into their racing oils to be able to specifically stand up to those caustic fuels?? [dunno]

Did RP tell you one way or another that their XPR is purposely designed to do just that?
Yeah, they did. For performance (street) applications, Amsoil actually recommends their Zrod oil, not the SS. For racing apps, they recommend their Dominator oil, but that oil is not meant for any type of extended drain, race it, and change it.
With Royal Purples XPR, it can actually be used for extended service (3k miles) in a street car. I've just now switched over to it, I'm gonna run it on the street for a bit, then send it to Blackstone and see what they say. The XPR also uses alot more POE's.

"Using XPR with Exotic Fuels

Royal Purple’s lubricants can be used with exotic fuels. For the best protection, Royal Purple has formulated its XPR 5W-20 and XPR 10W-40 specifically with this in mind. These two oils are formulated to combat fuel emulsification to hold up even better than Royal Purple’s other racing oils in alcohol and methanol applications."

"Demulsification--Separate rapidly from water as well as exotic fuels, such as methanol, which are typically detrimental to lubricants."

Last edited:

TemecFist

You have me questioning using Amsoil. Granted I dont run E85 but mix it for my E30. Watching for new ideas.
I'm actually running an E30 mix, not E85. When I was using the Amsoil SS with the E30, I didn't run into any issues, it was once I started running meth, that the Amsoil started to rapidly break down. I'm pretty anal about oil tho, I don't run any oil past 3k miles on the street, and I change before and after every track event. I know it's overkill, but it makes me feel better. If your running just the E30, then the Amsoil will do you fine. If you want something a little better than their SS, get the Zrod. You can actually use that in street applications. You could also try RP's HPS, thats an excellent oil for street use. Everyone always compares Amsoil SS to alot of WM's oil, where Amsoil definitely wins those battles. It also seems that everyone compares Amsoil to the Royal Purple that you can buy at WM, but they never compare it to RP's HPS or XPR line. That's something I would love to see.

I'm not trying to start another oil thread/battle tho. Lol