Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New owner from Chicago

Lyn

Had my green envy fiesta ST for about a month now and I love it. This is my first car I actually had a choice in and I'm so happy with it. Also my first manual car! So that's been fun. Lol. Luckily my girlfriend is fantastic teacher. She drives a focus st and damn she drives it well.

God...what an upgrade from my moms handed down KIA rondo... Puke.

I'll have to get some better pictures after I get her a good wash. This was the night I brought her home.

Are you in the city, or out in the suburbs? There's a Facebook page called Chicago ST, if you're on Facebook. There's organized meets and cruises that get set up there usually. Welcome! Enjoy the car. Its truly a blast!

Also, your front plate is mounted wrong. Just an FYI. It should not be blocking the intercooler. I'd tell your dealer to fix that.

OP
L

Lyn

Thread Starter #5
Are you in the city, or out in the suburbs? There's a Facebook page called Chicago ST, if you're on Facebook. There's organized meets and cruises that get set up there usually. Welcome! Enjoy the car. Its truly a blast!
In the city. Lincoln Square. Occasionally I've seen other Fiesta ST's cruising around. I'll have to check out the FB page though I hardly use facebook anymore. Its for the best lol.

It really is fun!

OP
L

Lyn

Thread Starter #6
Also, your front plate is mounted wrong. Just an FYI. It should not be blocking the intercooler. I'd tell your dealer to fix that.
Oh rly. Where should I put it? I gotta put my plates on still anyway.

edit: ah yep I see how it goes. I'll fix it :) thanks for the tip!!

Oh rly. Where should I put it? I gotta put my plates on still anyway.
Those bolts holding it in on the top, should be holding it in on the bottom

Here is mine for example. It is now removed.

OP
L

Lyn

Thread Starter #8
Lol I actually just looked at that exact photo for reference. Unfortunately Illinois sucks. Sometimes I miss michigan for its lack of front plates, but then I'm like.... no...no I don't.

Lol I actually just looked at that exact photo for reference. Unfortunately Illinois sucks. Sometimes I miss michigan for its lack of front plates, but then I'm like.... no...no I don't.
I'm out in the Suburbs(specifically Bartlett) and haven't run into trouble. I didn't run a front plate on my last car for about 3 years and wasn't pulled over. So far so good with the FiST! Lol.

But I would tell your dealer to fix that. That would bother the crap outta me lol.

OP
L

Lyn

Thread Starter #10
I'm out in the Suburbs(specifically Bartlett) and haven't run into trouble. I didn't run a front plate on my last car for about 3 years and wasn't pulled over. So far so good with the FiST! Lol.

But I would tell your dealer to fix that. That would bother the crap outta me lol.
Yea probably easier when you arent in the city of Chicago... The robbery that is ticketing is insane here. I live right by a speed camera and I watch those things flash all day. :(

Lol I will fix it. Its no big.

For now they do :(
Ah well props for enduring that. I get paranoid when anyone walks by my car in the garage lol. Though someone did knock a ladder off the wall and it crunched my old M3. That may be the reason why... I used to park that same car on the street in Oakland so I know how that goes.

OP
L

Lyn

Thread Starter #19
Ah well props for enduring that. I get paranoid when anyone walks by my car in the garage lol. Though someone did knock a ladder off the wall and it crunched my old M3. That may be the reason why... I used to park that same car on the street in Oakland so I know how that goes.
Yeah I'm not thrilled. If I see anyone parked too close to my car I freak out. Sometimes I'll just move my car first before they try to get out and end up hitting me. City life...its a struggle lol. Next place I move to...garage is required!

Had my green envy fiesta ST for about a month now and I love it. This is my first car I actually had a choice in and I'm so happy with it. Also my first manual car! So that's been fun. Lol. Luckily my girlfriend is fantastic teacher. She drives a focus st and damn she drives it well.

God...what an upgrade from my moms handed down KIA rondo... Puke.

I'll have to get some better pictures after I get her a good wash. This was the night I brought her home.
Awesome color! SO happy to hear how much you're loving your new ST. [raceflag] I'll be around if you have any questions.

Meagan