Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New owner in Ventura, CA

Hey everyone, new owner here, I've always been a 4x4 truck/SUV person, this is the first "fun" car I've owned and I'm wondering why I didn't do it sooner. I picked up a Silver 2015 with Recaros and only 29k miles up in Sacramento, CA and got 37 mpg on the 400 mile drive home. I absolutely love this car, but time will tell if I made a good decision by picking up one with a rebuilt title, had it inspected by a mechanic and it all checked out, guy was letting it go for only $9k while similar ones were $15k so I took the risk. Only thing I noticed was a very occasional vibration when slowly accelerating between 65-70, would go away when I let off the gas. Maybe a motor mount? But again, only happened a few times during the drive. First thing I did was give it a wash and take some glamour shots, it's a photogenic car to say the least.

Beautiful pick, hopefully everything stays on the straight and narrow w/ the rebuilt title.
Not sure off the bat what the shaking could be. The stock motor mount that everyone complains about will mostly reveal itself in the form of the engine rocking and pinging the firewall on shifts / clutch engage.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the machine.

very occasional vibration when slowly accelerating between 65-70

What happens when you cruise within that range?

Attachments

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome!
My last car had a rebuilt title. I drove it for 13 years, and it still ran fine when I sold it.

OP
E
Thread Starter #6
Welcome to the machine.

very occasional vibration when slowly accelerating between 65-70

What happens when you cruise within that range?
During my 6 hour highway drive home it only happened a few times, I tried to replicate it and it was difficult, almost to the point where I thought it had to be bumps on the highway, but determined that couldn't have been the case because the moment I let off the throttle it went away, then got instantly back on the throttle and it wouldn't come back. It seemed pretty random but determined it only happened between those speeds.

Welcome!
Sometimes, i wish i had a silver fist and woulda called it ironfist or something, they look like bullets!

When it vibrates, do you feel it more on your foot (during accel) or does the seat/cabin go along with it?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Welcome thats rare color and a nice one. Good price too. The places I would look for the vibration issues would be exhaust mounts. Stock ones are soft and prone to breaking. Engine mounts , and suspension parts. Then I would also look at the stock wheels and tires.

I had vibration at those speeds. Had to replace rotors and pads snd it went away. It came back in a few weeks and redid the rotors and pads. Went away again. Now its been 3 months and i have it again. Guess what im going to replace next... you guessed it : Pads and rotors. At this point ill either get brake ducting or a bbk. Im so done with hot spots/ warped rotors or what ever is going on. I really hope you have a different issue though.

Brake caliper slide pins sticking, maybe. Just an idea. Cheap and easy enough to replace, worth a shot. I would also say wheel balance weights but then you're saying it doesn't always happen which is kind of weird.

What would move/vibrate and/or cause a vibration on acceleration only between those speeds but only sometimes? 🤔

Also, did it come along with weird sounds or just the vibration?