Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New owner in Washington state

Just purchased my first FiST. Have owned a few Fords in the past (couple fox bodies, one sn95, and a couple F150s) but this is my first venture into fiesta.

Car is a 2017 ST base. Picked it up with only 18538 miles on it yesterday. It has a few mods, most of which are crap (injen short ram, custom hack job exhaust, cheap universal window guards) and had a nice set of Rota wheels but they are curbed to hell.

On a positive note it does have a maxton design spoiler extension that looks and fits exceptionally well. Thank good ness because I’ve read they are hit and miss.

Pics soon, once I fix these few issues/mods it came with.

One question. What size tire will fit without rubbing on 17x7.5 wheel on stock suspension? Thinking a 215/40/17?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

As long as the offset of those Rotas (which ones??) is not too ridiculously 'hella flush', (like they must be ~ 40ET or more, numerically), you will be FINE on factory suspension (as long as none of the dampers are blown out or the springs destroyed).

I have a set of 17x8s with a 42ET, and 215/40-17 Federal RS-RRs on them, and they do not rub, EVER on the factory suspension. [wink]

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
I’m honestly not sure what model they are. Haven’t pulled them off yet to check. They are pretty flush so guessing 40-42et. And thank you for the info. There are 205/40/17 Bridgestone potenza re050a on there now but they could use replacing soon. Figure I will do that in the next couple weeks.
Also ordering the whoosh crossover pipe, boom a short throw, and an accessport to get this party started.

I don’t think I will ever go big turbo (this is probably a lie) but plan to max out the stock one fairly soon.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Welcome. There is a good group of autocrossers in tricities called the Sand and Sage Sports Car Club https://ssscc.org you could look into. I keep meaning to go but many of their members come up north to Spokane where I run.

215/40’s should work no problems. 215/45 is where trouble starts on stock suspension.

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
Welcome. There is a good group of autocrossers in tricities called the Sand and Sage Sports Car Club https://ssscc.org you could look into. I keep meaning to go but many of their members come up north to Spokane where I run.

215/40’s should work no problems. 215/45 is where trouble starts on stock suspension.
i used to be quite active with ssscc. I haven’t been the last several years though. Started a family and my time became hard to part with. They are a great club though and I still talk to lots of the longtime members.

OP
M
Thread Starter #9
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

As long as the offset of those Rotas (which ones??) is not too ridiculously 'hella flush', (like they must be ~ 40ET or more, numerically), you will be FINE on factory suspension (as long as none of the dampers are blown out or the springs destroyed).

I have a set of 17x8s with a 42ET, and 215/40-17 Federal RS-RRs on them, and they do not rub, EVER on the factory suspension. [wink]
i believe they are rota Titans after doing some research. I ordered a set of the fifteen52 tarmacs in white yesterday. So I’ll know for sure soon when I get them off the car.

here are a couple pics now that I think she is more presentable. EACB9016-DADA-4AF1-AD76-2BD3A7E6F7AB.jpeg

Attachments

Dpro

6000 Post Club
i believe they are rota Titans after doing some research. I ordered a set of the fifteen52 tarmacs in white yesterday. So I’ll know for sure soon when I get them off the car.

here are a couple pics now that I think she is more presentable. View attachment 44195
show me some better shots and I will tell you as I currently have Titans on my car. Oh and just so you know the Titans weigh in at 17lbs a wheel. The 1552 Tarmacs are close too the weight of the stock factory wheels for our cars which weigh in at 23lbs per wheel. I personally would not put those on my car as I consider them boat anchors.

Oh and the Titans look nicer too. Tarmacs are played out. IMO

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They look like Titans from that angle, but Rota also made the Recce, which has those little 'cups' along the rim lip, sort of like the 1552 TURBOmacs.

We would not be able to tell for sure without a side shot. [wink]

OP
M
Thread Starter #12
show me some better shots and I will tell you as I currently have Titans on my car. Oh and just so you know the Titans weigh in at 17lbs a wheel. The 1552 Tarmacs are close too the weight of the stock factory wheels for our cars which weigh in at 23lbs per wheel. I personally would not put those on my car as I consider them boat anchors.

Oh and the Titans look nicer too. Tarmacs are played out. IMO
the tarmacs are just going to be for winter/all season looks. Going to get the rotas refinished/fixed at our local wheel repair shop then use them for summer/performance tires.

here is a side shot. Or at least a lazy one from inside the house.

64726C98-8837-4829-8616-5A7C7142A87B.jpeg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yup, those are Titans, and one of the better looking, and lighter in a 17" diameter, wheels out there for our rides. [thumb]