Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

* NEW PRODUCT* 11-18 Fiesta ST UPGRADED Alternator Pulley. (Quick Acceleration) Thoughts/ Suggestions

Ok guys, I have been working on this one for almost three weeks now. Testing has been going on for 2 weeks and I am ready to put the first few I had made out there. Im going to start off by telling you what it is then what it is not and finally what you can expect! This is a quick acceleration mod, similar to the pulley Pumaspeed makes for the water pump. The upside to mine is Price/ Ease of installation/ You don't have to buy a new belt after installing. The pulley is 3/4 of a inch bigger in diameter and .6 ounces lighter, it is also a Non-Clutched pulley, meaning it is free spinning. This is not a throw you back in your sea, neck snapping mod.But...YES YOU WILL NOTICE A DIFFERANCE 100% GUAREENTEED, Below are the pictures of the pulley, these pulleys are Ford Pulleys and I had the Back neck machined on a lath to ensure proper fit and proper alignment on the Alternator. I have been testing this on my vehicle wthe past two weeks with multiple 100+ mile trips and I have had no adverse affects from the alternator. The pulley I chose is only 3/4 inch bigger so its just enough to speed up the turbo spool but not big enough to cause any problems.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
HBST51
Thread Starter #2
Also if anyone wants a detailed *HOW-TO* like I did for the wiper plug I will make one. If everyone is interested in that.

OP
HBST51
Thread Starter #4
Ok, I will have to wait until Oreillys gets the clutch pulley tool back in stock, once it comes back in ill rent it out and do the How-to for everyone.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is this still an over-running clutch style pulley?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Good job! We are always looking for more creative ideas! Good luck! ill be watching intently.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thats interesting for sure. I wonder why manufacturers went to the clutch style to begin with. Only thing i can think of is to let it spin during deceleration.

Spork1569

As someone with basic understanding of how an alternator works, can someone explain how the pully can cause faster acceleration/spool?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Feom my understanding dumping the clutch in the factory pully sheds weight, and it being larger makes it much easier on the engine to rotate. Dropping rotational mass makes things rev quicker.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If it didn't have an Automatic belt tensioner and you didn't adjust it for correct belt deflection id say yes...But since the car uses an Automatic Belt tensioner its negligible....id say negative.[driving]

OP
HBST51
Thread Starter #20
No belt is needed, no it’s only 3/4 of a inch larger in diameter so it’s not enough to cause extra wear on the belt....Less rotational mass and it being larger makes the engine rev quicker as stated above. I had input from a Ford master mechanic that is retired. The clutched pulley wears the alternator out quicker than a free spinning pulley. In theory, but some people will argue that point. But I honestly am just trying to bring products that have not yet been introduced to the market yet for our vehicles at lower price than some of the larger companies. I thought at this price it’s a something to add a little more enjoyment to driving...it’s not a crazy unbelievable improvement....But it’s definitely noticeable and felt in acceleration.