Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New single twin turbo option like the ford 6.7L diesel turbo

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
This is just a sneak peek of what we are working on this month.

Twin stock compressor wheels on a stock shaft. Just like ford's stock turbo on the newest 6.7L diesel.
Stock 2014 6.7L scorpion turbo

It will have twin intakes. Both wheels support 200whp a piece so I think 400whp will be very obtainable.

What do you guys think?

TheStig

That is pretty bad ass, we have a fleet truck with the 6.7L Scorpion in it, love that engine and the truck has by far the most ruthless power delivery of any "off the showroom floor" diesel out there. Unloaded at 20mph on an onramp it will light up the rears if you stomp on it.

ryst

Are you going to have to manufacture the compressor housing from scratch, or can you magically get two compressor housings to mate somehow?

TheStig

Are you going to have to manufacture the compressor housing from scratch, or can you magically get two compressor housings to mate somehow?
As far as i know you can buy them as such.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
We machine two stock compressor housings down a bit and install some custom machined backing plates in as well. The rear compressor wheel inlet is pretty trick. Should have it on the dyno by next week. Besides the duel inlet, it will be bolt-on like stock, even the outlets will be joined into one.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Ok... I figured I would have got more people involved in this, but this joke has run its course :)

I am working on a new setup for my car, but its not something I'm going to sell, but I will be reporting step by step as i go to help ours if they choose the same route.

As for this pics above, that is a stock shaft and that is two stock compressor wheels, but a compressor housing would be just about impossible. I'm not sure how good or bad the new powerstrokes turbo is, but its AWESOME.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Ok... I figured I would have got more people involved in this, but this joke has run its course :)

I am working on a new setup for my car, but its not something I'm going to sell, but I will be reporting step by step as i go to help ours if they choose the same route.

As for this pics above, that is a stock shaft and that is two stock compressor wheels, but a compressor housing would be just about impossible. I'm not sure how good or bad the new powerstrokes turbo is, but its AWESOME.

Siestarider

Hilarious. I went by that post thinking "how does one turbine wheel power two separate compressor wheels that much more efficiently?" Assumed I was missing something and would learn what later. Good joke.

Sekred

1000 Post Club

Like this would be good.

Triple turbo.jpg

rexdriver85

Never thought I'd ever see a rats nest of turbos. Thanks for that. I'd call that the "Turbonium Bomb." Haha. [emoji38]