Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Subwoofer

I just had a Subwoofer professionally installed and just wanted to post a few pics and give my impression.

Quick background, I always had massive sound systems in my teens/20's and, even though I didn't damage my hearing by blasting away, it was still nice having full bass range and clean sound. Last year when we purchased our FoST (st1) we decided to put a small sub in it. We went very basic with a small 10" and amp hooked up through a speaker line. For what my wife listens too it is fine. It has decent base but doesn't go to low and if you turn it up too much it gets a little distorted. Here is what we have in hers;

When I got our FiST I decided I was going to do it the "right" way. Also this is our third car; my project vehicle, so I do not need any trunk space. I "only" had a 10" put in but I got a massive ported box. I'm using a Zapco ST500XMII amp and an Audio Control LC2I. I also had the spare tire compartment fully deadened with dynamat. The speaker is a custom produced unit made specifically for this installer (Audio Xperts in Vacaville, CA). It sounds amazing!