Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New to the Fist ๐Ÿ‘Š

Howdy, new member checking in here with a 2014 Ox White / Recaro / Navi Fist from South Texas.

Long time Toyota/Lexus but had the chance to drive one of these and fell in love with it's go kart handling/performance. Owned a 2008.5 MS3 years ago that was FBO but was always worried about it blowing up so sold it....

Fiesta ST I hear is a stout platform and plan on researching here to better my experience with mine

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Howdy, new member checking in here with a 2014 Ox White / Recaro / Navi Fist from South Texas.

Long time Toyota/Lexus but had the chance to drive one of these and fell in love with it's go kart handling/performance. Owned a 2008.5 MS3 years ago that was FBO but was always worried about it blowing up so sold it....

Fiesta ST I hear is a stout platform and plan on researching here to better my experience with mine
Welcome to the machine, Tex.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Welcome! I am in the gulf coast region of TX, and had a 2008.5 MS3 as well and now have a 2019 FiST. I loved the MS3 and wish I'd never sold it but so far I'm loving the FiST at least as much. I also had a Focus RS but upgraded to the FiST because I prefer the go-cart fun over the serious heavy track-car feel of the RS.

Welcome! How does the MS3 compare to the FiST for you? Always liked both generations of those cars.

OP
210FiestaST
Thread Starter #7
Welcome! How does the MS3 compare to the FiST for you? Always liked both generations of those cars.
2 entirely different driving experiences. The MS3 had it's strengths in the power/braking areas along with comfort.

Fist is more durable and power can be applied easier not like my MS3 that would spin it's froรฑt wheels merging into the traffic which always made it fun if you were holding your coffee mug...

Fist has better technology, handling, mpg, and for me most important cheaper maintenance/aftermarket support. Plus I can park this little thing anywhere lol

Business6

Just make sure to stick the butt of the car out a bit if you're parking next to trucks/SUVs/minivans/full sized cars/literally anything. Cars this size tend to be hit with some frequency because people can't see them before they decide to whip into a parking spot they thought was empty.

But yeah welcome to Thunderdome!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! You picked a good platform. This car really performs with just a few modestly-priced mods.

I've only had the FiST for about 6 months now and 3k miles so it may be too early to say but I'd have to give my 2008.5 MS3 a slight edge thus far. It just had that perfect balance of performance/value/utility/fit and finish. The FiST is more tossable and nimble which is great but it is a bit cheaper feeling and not quite as good looking, IMO. Tough call though and maybe I give the MS3 a little bonus for the nostalgia. Maybe if the FiST serves me well and we have a lot of adventures in it, my perception will change. I do wish I'd kept my MS3 and pocketed the $6k difference between what I sold it for and bought the FiST for. No doubt about that!!! IMG_0711.JPG 20191126_075047.jpg

Welcome fellow Texan; I'm in the DFW area where I've encountered only a few FiSTs in the wild the past few years. I also have a truck (of course - it's TX, lol); my little silver beast is primarily a weekend warrior although both my vehicles have been lingering in the garage a lot more these past few months.

OP
210FiestaST
Thread Starter #14
Welcome fellow Texan; I'm in the DFW area where I've encountered only a few FiSTs in the wild the past few years. I also have a truck (of course - it's TX, lol); my little silver beast is primarily a weekend warrior although both my vehicles have been lingering in the garage a lot more these past few months.
Of course a truck same here lol

My cowboy Cadillac is a Tundra Short Bed single cab 5.7 2WD with some bolt ons of which I think my Fist would fit inside of the bed...

Attachments