Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New to the MOD game

So ive had my FiST for about a year and a half now and I think I'm ready to start throwing some mods on it. This is my daily driver so I dont want anything too aggressive but just a few things that will make it that much more fun to drive. Ive done some digging between here and reddit and came up with a short list of what I plan on getting.

Cobb Stage 1 package (RMM, AP, filter)
Cobb cat back exhaust
Cobb exhaust hangars
Rallyarmor mud flaps
Boomba risers
Boomba weighted shifter knob
Boomba short shift kit
Boomba symposer delete
Garageline pedal mount
Injen intake
Whoosh V1 intercooler
NGK LTR7IX-11 Plugs
Either a Dizzy or Stratified stage 1 tune

For now that would be my starting point. Anything you guys can think of that should be added, replaced or taken away? Any input would be appreciated. Also if there's a better location to post this just point me in the direction!

Thank you!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You will need a Cobb Access port / AP3 for those Tunes*. I cant remember if your Car is a MAF based car or a MAP/ speed density car. that will play a factory in the ability to have a tune being in far east. Are you serving in the military? Is that why you are in Afghanistan? if so...that changes things drastically if you are from the states.(y)

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Saw your introduction post just now. EVERYTHING you have shown is a good start. How many miles are on the FiST?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Hitchcock&Scully
Thread Starter #4
You will need a Cobb Access port / AP3 for those Tunes*. I cant remember if your Car is a MAF based car or a MAP/ speed density car. that will play a factory in the ability to have a tune being in far east. Are you serving in the military? Is that why you are in Afghanistan? if so...that changes things drastically if you are from the states.(y)
Yeah I'm currently deployed and I cant figure out how to turn the location tracker off when i post so its showing Afghanistan still but I'm stationed in San Antonio. Mileage wise I'm sitting in the mid to low 80s iirc. Cant remember exactly off the top of my head.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
It is because you were/are using an ISP that you had when you were in Afghanistan and joined this forum.

Brianmc27

I’d add shifter base and trans bracket solid bushings and motor/trans mount inserts.

I’d add shifter base and trans bracket solid bushings and motor/trans mount inserts.
Buddy of mine who is pretty serious about tracking his FiST tried solid upper mounts, and removed them a month later. Unless you're about to turn the car in to a hardcore track-only animal, you'll hate life with mounts like that.

So ive had my FiST for about a year and a half now and I think I'm ready to start throwing some mods on it. This is my daily driver so I dont want anything too aggressive but just a few things that will make it that much more fun to drive. Ive done some digging between here and reddit and came up with a short list of what I plan on getting.

Cobb cat back exhaust
Cobb exhaust hangars
Rallyarmor mud flaps
Boomba risers
Boomba short shift kit
Boomba symposer delete
Garageline pedal mount
Injen intake
Whoosh V1 intercooler
NGK LTR7IX-11 Plugs

For now that would be my starting point. Anything you guys can think of that should be added, replaced or taken away? Any input would be appreciated. Also if there's a better location to post this just point me in the direction!

Thank you!
A couple of comments; I found the Cobb exhaust mounts to be a bit too stiff. I've heard of them breaking fairly easily. The Powerflex mounts that Whoosh sells seem to be much more agreeable to CBE installs.

The Whoosh V1 intercooler has some fitment issues; unless you're really strapped for that $100, I'd go for the V3.

I'd probably avoid the colder plugs in the northern latitudes, but in Texas you're not going to have any issues.

Personally, I'd take off the Injen intake and replace it with a Velossatech Big Mouth or ST200 airbox along with a silicone intake hose. Injen will make nice noises, but it sucks in pre-heated air. Additionally, I suggest adding a Whoosh or Ram Air crossover pipe as well as a J-pipe.

And, why not go for the Dizzy/Stratified stage 2 tune? It's a noticeable difference, and while you're at it, spring for the E30 tune. It's a MAJOR increase in power if you have access to E85.

TemecFist

The Rally Armour mud flaps are played out, they look horrible and Everyone has them. Exhaust hangars, save your money. I also heard a rumor that Garage Line is not making their pedal spacer anymore, I'm not sure of that's true. Intakes and exhausts do nothing for performance, save your money there also. All the other stuff seems good to go tho, except for the Cobb stage 1 package. Buy all of that stuff from Whoosh, it will save you some money.

Last edited:

Brianmc27

Buddy of mine who is pretty serious about tracking his FiST tried solid upper mounts, and removed them a month later. Unless you're about to turn the car in to a hardcore track-only animal, you'll hate life with mounts like that.
That’s why I said inserts, not solid mounts. Powerflex motor and trans mount insert.

Brianmc27

A couple of comments; I found the Cobb exhaust mounts to be a bit too stiff. I've heard of them breaking fairly easily. The Powerflex mounts that Whoosh sells seem to be much more agreeable to CBE installs.

The Whoosh V1 intercooler has some fitment issues; unless you're really strapped for that $100, I'd go for the V3.

I'd probably avoid the colder plugs in the northern latitudes, but in Texas you're not going to have any issues.
I’d go with a Thermal or a Flowmaster exhaust over Cobb.

Also - the V1 ought to fit a bit better than the V3 as it’s smaller. My V3 requires losing the center bracket and also pushes the bumper out a bit.

Brianmc27

The Rally Armour mud flaps are played out, they look horrible and Everyone has them. Exhaust hangars, save your money. I also heard a rumor that Garage Line is not making their pedal spacer anymore, I'm not sure of that's true. Intakes and exhausts do nothing for performance, save your money there also. All the other stuff seems good to go tho, except for the Cobb stage 1 package. Buy all of that stuff from Whoosh, it will save you some money.
While an exhaust is worthless performance-wise, my flowmaster makes my car muuuuch more fun.

I’d go with a Thermal or a Flowmaster exhaust over Cobb.

Also - the V1 ought to fit a bit better than the V3 as it’s smaller. My V3 requires losing the center bracket and also pushes the bumper out a bit.
Hmm. I thought the V3 fit better than the V1? I did the V1 on my '15, and it required relocating the center support mount. The upper mounts for the undertray were also significantly bowed out.

Brianmc27

Hmm. I thought the V3 fit better than the V1? I did the V1 on my '15, and it required relocating the center support mount. The upper mounts for the undertray were also significantly bowed out.
The build quality on the V3 is probably better and more consistent, but theoretically the V1 should fit better I’d think.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Agree with you on the flaps thing aesthetically, but some of us actually need them for our intended purposes. [wink]

TemecFist

Agree with you on the flaps thing aesthetically, but some of us actually need them for our intended purposes. [wink]
I understand that. If you are actually rallying the car, then by all means. But when guys put them on, and the car sees nothing but pavement....ugh. I would say it is prob THE worst anesthetic mod to do.

I understand that. If you are actually rallying the car, then by all means. But when guys put them on, and the car sees nothing but pavement....ugh. I would say it is prob THE worst anesthetic mod to do.
Strongly disagree. But, whatevs.
To the OP, you do you. If you like the flaps, go for them. Personally, I love them for our little rally-inspired hatches, and apparently a bunch of folks (if not most) in the hatch community in the upper Midwest love them too. It was one of the first mods I did; I think aesthetically it makes hatches looks lower and wider. But, to each their own.

Brianmc27

Strongly disagree. But, whatevs.
To the OP, you do you. If you like the flaps, go for them. Personally, I love them for our little rally-inspired hatches, and apparently a bunch of folks (if not most) in the hatch community in the upper Midwest love them too. It was one of the first mods I did; I think aesthetically it makes hatches looks lower and wider. But, to each their own.
I agree. They’re such a subtle exterior mod I think it’s strange to have such a strong repulsion to them, haha.

I like how they make my car look a little more stout without putting 9” rims in it.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club

Cobb cat back exhaust
Cobb exhaust hangars
Rallyarmor mud flaps
Boomba risers
Boomba short shift kit
Boomba symposer delete
Garageline pedal mount
Injen intake
Whoosh V1 intercooler
NGK LTR7IX-11 Plugs

Thank you!
You have a great start! As a lot have already mentioned, the rear motor mount and other mounts should be changed over. The whoosh street spec is the best rmm in my opinion. Also, I recommend not following the whole "stage" system for this car since it doesn't quite apply to the Fiesta as it does to other cars. For the intercooler is would go for the Whoosh V3, as I did. Didn't have any fitment issues at all and for the extra $100 it will support basically any power application you could ever want, and (probably) helps keep your air a little cooler if you need it (Florida heat sucks rn). Better to just buy once and not regret it if you think you might want to pursue more power. For a catback just pick whichever one sounds better. For induction if anything just get a better panel filter and not a CAI. I have the ST200 airbox from Mountune and it gives you whatever air you need. Other induction pieces will help, but the gains are very minimal and might not be worth your money. With all this you would basically max out the stock turbo on E30 with a stage 2 tune with a Cobb Accessport (I use and recommend Dizzy). After that is the world of aux fuel and bigger turbos. For the aesthetic mods just do whatever appeals to you, and everything else on your list looks great! (y)