Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New transmission under warranty.

Dropped what came from the factory at 2K, then poured in the full 2L of Ravenol. Dumped the factory fluid into the 2 Ravenol empties. Guess mine was sent out with the old spec 1.5L. Luckily no strange mechanical sounds before the change or thus far.

Attachments

OP
Informacion
Thread Starter #22
Mine is whining in all gears under load, gets louder as speed increases, nothing if i get off the gas or clutch in.

This post gives me hope about getting this warrantied
Definitely do a road test with a tech, if they have another Fiesta on lot make them drive that as well to really show the difference. You shouldn't have an issues I'd imagine..

OP
Informacion
Thread Starter #23
On another note, 57 degrees this morning on my drive to work, seems to still have that whirring noise that it had before the transmission switch, just not as loud. When I drove the other Fiesta they had on lot I did notice the same sound just not as noticeable or as linear. Also could've swore I heard a whine on the drive, more noticeable at higher speeds 5th and 6th gears. I will do a fluid change in the next week for sure, if that doesn't do the trick then I'm at a loss and will drive it till the wheels fall off. :coffee: