Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New wheel & leather wrap

Well finally completed wrapping the stock steering wheel in nappa leather. Nothing too fancy just some perforated leather with red stitching. It was a bitch to do but happy with the results.

Attachments

OP
JSWhaler
Thread Starter #13
That’s the brand I got but upped the price for higher end leather.

OP
JSWhaler
Thread Starter #16
The fit is good, but it's not perfect. By 2 and 10 o'clock (just over the spokes of the wheel) there is some extra material that I stuffed in as much as possible; this does mean that the silver plastic piece doesn't sit flush but is hard to notice. I think this is mainly due to the leather design not being perfect and the leather being thicker than OEM.

The fit is good, but it's not perfect. By 2 and 10 o'clock (just over the spokes of the wheel) there is some extra material that I stuffed in as much as possible; this does mean that the silver plastic piece doesn't sit flush but is hard to notice. I think this is mainly due to the leather design not being perfect and the leather being thicker than OEM.
Do you think the fake leather would fit better since it's not as thick as real leather?

OP
JSWhaler
Thread Starter #18
Do you think the fake leather would fit better since it's not as thick as real leather?
I don't know. I figured for about $50 I could scrap it if it was crap, but I like it. I have a feeling that they probably cut the same the fake and real the same way (shape) and I think that's the bigger issue. For the money I am glad I went with the real leather.

I don't know. I figured for about $50 I could scrap it if it was crap, but I like it. I have a feeling that they probably cut the same the fake and real the same way (shape) and I think that's the bigger issue. For the money I am glad I went with the real leather.
Okay cool thanks for the info, think I'm going to order the leather wrap today. My OEM is actually starting to flake off on some parts its annoying.

I just noticed it says 7-25 day how long did it take to arrive for you?