Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Wheels for my ride

antarctica24

I found this wheel and decided to take a chance. It is the MR117 from Motegi. According to Website it comes in 18" only but I managed to score a set of 17 X 7's don't ask me how, from my understanding they are the last on the planet. If you like them and find a set let me know, I would like a spare just in case I dent one. Anyway, I opted for my 2nd set of Michelin A/S3's, which I find to be the best tire available for this car. The tires are weighty though coming in a 20lbs, but I considered to be excellent tires. They offer much better clearance for the Wilwood brakes, not that they needed it, I just think it looks better. I have had the factory summer tires, the A/3 and the Hannook Ventus V2 which I consider to be ok. The car now has 83,000 miles.

With the wheel coming in between 17 (according to website), and 19 according to scale, that brings the total in at 39lbs. Heavy but lighter than factory by about 4 lbs each wheel. When I say take a chance, this weekend I am installing the BC Coilovers from J2 Racing and 6 point brace from Pierce Motorsports along with the strut tower brace. I guess we will see if the wheels fit wit the Coilovers. As for the red stripe around the wheel, I thought it added a nice touch. The red car is so hard to do anything with. Its not like having a black car, and just adding green wheels. They have a hub that came with them, but this is just a test fit, I bought the tires anyway, so if it doesn't work, I can but them back on the factory rims.

03102010-iphone-024.jpg

I found this wheel and decided to take a chance. It is the MR117 from Motegi. According to Website it comes in 18" only but I managed to score a set of 17 X 7's don't ask me how, from my understanding they are the last on the planet.
I wonder what this 'last one on the planet' thing is. I just ordered some Motegi MR125s and they said that I scored the last ones on the planet. Is Motegi shutting down?[scratch]

iso100

1000 Post Club
So much for having cheap brand new replacements available. Crap!

Good grief that's a good bit of miles, whereabouts in Charlotte are you? I would think with that many miles I would have run across you at least once. Still have yet to see another FiST...
I just put the Hankooks on my car, but due to the weather haven't had a chance to take them through the paces. Really digging the wheels though, very nice.