Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Wheels!! Wrong offset :(

Hello I recently bought some new wheels Rotiform RSE, I ordered 17x8 40 Offset. I got the wheels in today and they are a 17x8 +30 offset :(.Can I still run them or is it a bad idea?

Attachments

They will most likely poke. Willtheyfit dot com is what I always use.
I've heard that 17x8 et40 is the perfect "flush" fitment, but I've haven't seen it in person yet.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

lol +30 is so low for our cars, i wouldnt recommend it. i would get a full return for that if i were you. sorry about that btw :( ive had something similar happen to me too

That sucks... but I would echo everyone else and say get them swapped out for what you ordered. I'd try to get them to cover rush shipping, but that's probably a stretch considering the size and weight of those boxes.

I'm running 17x8+35 VSXX and I can barely fit a 205/40/17. I rub if I push the car.

You'll likely need a roll and pull/stretched tires if you run that wheel.

Erick_V

et40 is probably the furthest I'd want to run on my own car being lowered and all (BC Coils). I push my car in autocross and backroads so fitment is very important to me. I've had 17x8 et 40 and I would rub on large compression's. I can only imagine how bad I would rub on an et30. I would return them and get the correct offset

edit: I'm not that low, on my 17x8 et40 setup I had a 2ish finger gap and I occasionally rubbed on the street. At autocross I managed to rub through my fender liner on 215/40/17 Federal RS-R's

OP
Itstheweekdy
Thread Starter #8
Hello everyone thank you all for your feed back. I was actually able to send it back to where I brought my wheels from free shipping and a discount.😊 All worked out in the end. Thank you everyone for your insite. Love our community!!!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
et40 is probably the furthest I'd want to run on my own car being lowered and all (BC Coils). I push my car in autocross and backroads so fitment is very important to me. I've had 17x8 et 40 and I would rub on large compression's. I can only imagine how bad I would rub on an et30. I would return them and get the correct offset

edit: I'm not that low, on my 17x8 et40 setup I had a 2ish finger gap and I occasionally rubbed on the street. At autocross I managed to rub through my fender liner on 215/40/17 Federal RS-R's
Heh thats not surprising as those Feddys run wide and you are probably closer to a 225/40 with them lol.
To the OP if you are running 17’s then yes 40 is about as low as you can go offset wise on our cars. If you are running 16’s you can get away with +35 depending on tire size and brand.
If you are running 15’s the door opens a little more and there are many tire sizes as well.

Though ya without at least a roll if not a pull as well you will not fit +30 in 17’s in their.

Erick_V

Heh thats not surprising as those Feddys run wide and you are probably closer to a 225/40 with them lol.
To the OP if you are running 17’s then yes 40 is about as low as you can go offset wise on our cars. If you are running 16’s you can get away with +35 depending on tire size and brand.
If you are running 15’s the door opens a little more and there are many tire sizes as well.

Though ya without at least a roll if not a pull as well you will not fit +30 in 17’s in their.
What's funny about my previous post is that you and I are about to be running the same setup. 16x8 Dekagrams with 205/45/16 RS-Pro's. I decided on the 205's because I eventually realized how wide the RSR's ran and figured the RS-Pro's would be the same lol. It took a good bit of reading through the Dekagram thread to realize how wide the Federal's really were. From what it looks like you and I are going to be the very few that run that combo. Bottom line, be very thorough when looking at tire specs and go from there. Not all tires are the same

Dpro

6000 Post Club
What's funny about my previous post is that you and I are about to be running the same setup. 16x8 Dekagrams with 205/45/16 RS-Pro's. I decided on the 205's because I eventually realized how wide the RSR's ran and figured the RS-Pro's would be the same lol. It took a good bit of reading through the Dekagram thread to realize how wide the Federal's really were. From what it looks like you and I are going to be the very few that run that combo. Bottom line, be very thorough when looking at tire specs and go from there. Not all tires are the same
Lol ya I had previous experience with Feddys and have friends running them. I figured either RSR’s or RS Pro’s I was gonna be fine and I was right, they look like 215’s on the car.