Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

New whoosh spec Thermal Exhaust

Trader history for Pablo Pistoffo (0)

Bummer for me on the package deal then, I just got my Thermal exhaust and whoosh hangers (separately) about a week ago. Although I think I like the stainless steel tips on my system more than I would the black

looks like black tips and hes includes the poly hangers and 3in adapter. so more of a package deal vs anything new

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Does not include the 3" adapter. Looks like the only difference is black tips and it comes with 3 Whoosh hangers ($27 value).

SEE BELOW \/

Last edited:

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
both systems are built the same in terms of muffler, resonator, and pipe size
the original has fully polished pipework and fully polished tips
the whoosh spec has brushed finish pipework plus Black Coated tips. We also include 3 free whoosh poly hangers
We are the #1 retailer for Thermal (ST market), they offered and we obviously loved the idea. The whoosh spec actually costs more to build in total but the price has been kept the same
As for the 3" adapter, selecting "YES" using the drop down menu is available with either kit
If you have a stock downpipe, select "NO".
(y)

both systems are built the same in terms of muffler, resonator, and pipe size
the original has fully polished pipework and fully polished tips
the whoosh spec has brushed finish pipework plus Black Coated tips. We also include 3 free whoosh poly hangers
We are the #1 retailer for Thermal (ST market), they offered and we obviously loved the idea. The whoosh spec actually costs more to build in total but the price has been kept the same
As for the 3" adapter, selecting "YES" using the drop down menu is available with either kit
If you have a stock downpipe, select "NO".
(y)
Just got mine in the mail yesterday and absolutely love it! Thanks Ron!!

Attachments

don_w

I just installed mine the other day as well. Sounds great at idle with the burbling. Doesn't drone at highway speeds, which was a plus for me.

Just got mine in the mail yesterday and absolutely love it! Thanks Ron!!
lol, thats nice. That's exactly what I thought about doing to the tips a couple years ago but I didn't want to wait for install.

Just come to say I put one of these on my car this weekend. The fit was the best I've seen on an aftermarket exhaust. As someone with a K20 Civic with a 4-1 header, cams, and 3" straight-through exhaust I was looking for tame and found it!

Apart for maybe a 500rpm range right around 3500rpm it is extremely tame. No drone on the highway at any reasonable speed.

--Matt

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Just come to say I put one of these on my car this weekend. The fit was the best I've seen on an aftermarket exhaust. As someone with a K20 Civic with a 4-1 header, cams, and 3" straight-through exhaust I was looking for tame and found it!

Apart for maybe a 500rpm range right around 3500rpm it is extremely tame. No drone on the highway at any reasonable speed.

--Matt
What do you mean “reasonable” speed? Our speed limits are 70mph, and 80-85 is common for cruising, that puts the rpm’s above 3k.

I'm assuming you'd have to be cruising at 95-100mph or so to get into the rev range where it is a lil rowdy (~3250-3750), and even that range seems to require more moderate throttle than you'd likely have at sustained speed (let's call it 50%ish). I haven't personally gone anywhere near that speed with it but it's super quiet up through 80. If I'm honest, the stock exhaust droned a bit there and this one doesn't.

--Matt

Last edited: