Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Z - C&D First Drive

OP
dhminer

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
comparo with the Supra, Supra seems to win out.

https://www.caranddriver.com/review.../2023-nissan-z-vs-2022-toyota-supra-compared/

I think the slower acceleration might be more because of the Z's manual transmission. The camaro ss 450ish hp w manual is not far off from the Z.
review also notes maybe the Z wasn't fit with as good tires

crappy things with review is no track testing. also they didn't have the manual transmission supra.
my understanding where the supra falters is it's not a communicative car to drive close to it's limit, and that's where the Z does well.
looking forwards to more comparos and reviews on the Z
That’s surprising feedback to me on the lack of communication close to the limit. I drove a Z4 M40 on track a few weeks ago and it made me really want a Supra lol

Mikey456

I see yall are comparing z's and supras. Have any of yall watched this on YouTube?

View: https://youtu.be/sRkpQ3SUAdw

What I like the most is he's not biased and comes clean about how not having apples to apples comparison.

For me personally, as a Nissan guy, I'm going with BMW lol.

There's a lot about the new Z that I love, but there's something about a potent straight six that feels and sounds amazing. I've had my fair share of 240s with sr20s and ka-ts, I've also had 350z, so maybe I'm looking for something different thatnwhat I've been running with (kinda why I picked up my fist). Also I think the b58 in the supra is an easier engine to squeeze power out of. All the research I've done the engines are pretty on par stock for stock, but it seems the b58 makes more power with less mods and has an higher ceiling.

Do I plan on going 800whp? No. 500whp? Hell yes. With the b58 all it takes is a single downpipe and a flex fuel tune running e55 and you're making that with close to 600ft/lbs of torque and it screams all the way to redline. The VR30 is a capable motor, but you gotta go fbo and upgrade the hpfp and lpfp, and as we all know shit gets expensive, and until you upgrade turbos, it runs outta steam in the upper rev range.

I will say though, I think in 15-20 years the Z is gonna be a way more appealing car. Also when they drop the Nismo I could flip sides, especially if they get the ol girl to drop 100-200lbs.
It might be difficult to drop 100-200 lbs on the car. It’s already got an aluminum roof. According to the savage geese video the added weight came from the new turbo motor when they compared the new and the old Z. If you stripped it for the track you could. I’m glad they upgrade the motor from the VQ. The sound alone is worth it. Especially when you hear the “muffler less” VQ G35/37 roaming the street. The worst sounding ever. IMO

Last edited: