Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Nightmare with Rotiform.

I recently purchased some 17x8 Rotiform Las-R with a +40mm offset from Maperformace.com They had to drill me a set to 4x108 bc of some shipping/inventory issues they had. When the wheels finally showed up I wrapped them with some Falken Azenis 215/40R17’s. Long story short, I was getting a shake with them on. Ordered hub center rings (which were garbage) and then had a machine shop custom 3d print me some that are beautiful but the shake is still there. At this point I’ve had them balanced twice and I’m almost thinking that maybe they messed up drilled the bolt pattern. Kind of lost. Please help.

Attachments

Boy they cut it close on drilling that bolt pattern (unless the picture deceives me). If the wheel won't read as balanced from a reputable shop I would definitely make a claim and send them back even though it could be an issue with the rings.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That's a shame, because those look really sweet! [thumb] [:(]

Sort of a combo of the Compomotive TH2s, and the Rota Recces.

OP
ConnecticutMeanBean
Thread Starter #6
Boy they cut it close on drilling that bolt pattern (unless the picture deceives me). If the wheel won't read as balanced from a reputable shop I would definitely make a claim and send them back even though it could be an issue with the rings.
Contacted the shop that made me my new rings. Having them check to make sure everything is drilled correctly. Will post the rings I have later today.

kevinatfms

Check for lateral runout of the drill pattern by sticking one wheel on the back of your car with it jacked up in the air. Put a dial indicator on the rear axle and set it to the outside of the wheel flange right where it meets the bead. Rotate wheel and check for lateral runout of the wheel. If it has runout of the wheel by the bolt pattern you will see it in the dial indicator.

The reason it might not be showing up on the tire balancer is the balancer uses the hub bore and not the lugs for holding the wheel true to the machine. Once you bolt the wheel up to the car, its centered by the lug nuts and if the wheel has a large center bore(73.1mm) its not hub centric.

Check for runout of the wheel while on the car first. If runout is within spec, then id be checking something else like dampers, balljoints or even steering rack.