Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

No A/C after mountune rad install

Cneu

Premium Account
I'm pretty sure I've seen another post about this and after searching I can't find it.

I installed the mountune rad today. That went fine, temps are great. Unfortunately my A/C is blowing hot air. It used to work pretty good. I think the A/C system is coming on but when I just re-tested it I dont notice any change in RPMs when I toggle the A/C.

I took a good amount of care to be nice to the A/C condenser so I dont think I did anything to that.

Did I forget to plug something back in? Or worse, did I somehow poke a hole in my condenser?

Last edited:

LucasHigh

Premium Account
probably not the case but for months i thought my a/c was broken on my old FiSt when it was just an A/C connecter that came loose in the dash
its blue in color and in the passenger footwell by the cabin filter, it takes 5 minutes' worth a shot lol.

OP
Cneu

Cneu

Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
went back over some stuff. I don't think the clutch is kicking on. There's no RPM drop when turning the ac on. The pressure on the ac valve above the coolant res is around 100psi with the car running/"ac on" which is a lil odd. I replaced the ac relay plus checked the fuse. They're both fine. So now it's time to find out why the ac isn't coming on.

Last edited:
OP
Cneu

Cneu

Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
Lol it just started working today. I wonder what tripped it to prevent it from turning on. The only things I can think of are maybe moving the condenser around did something or when I sprayed the engine bay down with water to clean everything up i somehow did something.

Last edited:

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Lol it just started working today. I wonder what tripped it to prevent it from turning on. The only things I can think of are maybe moving the condenser around did something or when I sprayed the engine bay down with water to clean everything up i somehow did something.
It's always good news when something that was broken starts working again, but it is kind of frustrating not knowing what the problem was in the first place. I hope it keeps working for you.

DangerMouse

I have seen many posts over the years of people installing short shift kits and intakes and the AC not working after. Then it will start working on its own after a day or two. It’s one of those fiesta things. Who knows.