Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Noise at low RPM

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #22
Ya I know I guess that's a couple of good things that come from it. It was some tough news to receive

They just called me and told me they want to replace the transmission and a new one was just ordered.
Damn man,can't believe they couldn't find the problem to the point where they wanna go new tranny,sucks. They you tell you how long it's gonna be for them to get the new trans in? Sorry to hear about this man.

-ry

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #24
Damn man,can't believe they couldn't find the problem to the point where they wanna go new tranny,sucks. They you tell you how long it's gonna be for them to get the new trans in? Sorry to hear about this man.

-ry
They said they'll know tomorrow when the trans will be be in and then I'll know how long it'll be.
Thanks I'm just hoping this whole ordeal goes as quickly as possible Ya know.

They said they'll know tomorrow when the trans will be be in and then I'll know how long it'll be.
Thanks I'm just hoping this whole ordeal goes as quickly as possible Ya know.
Yea man I hear ya on that. Weird that we haven't seen not one other report of this. Wasn't there another guy on this thread (didn't look back) that said he was hearing the samething but more faint? I think he should go get his checked now especially if there putting a new tranny in yours,he might need it as well eventually.

-ry

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #26
Yea man I hear ya on that. Weird that we haven't seen not one other report of this. Wasn't there another guy on this thread (didn't look back) that said he was hearing the samething but more faint? I think he should go get his checked now especially if there putting a new tranny in yours,he might need it as well eventually.

-ry
Ya anybody with any kind of noise should go get it checked because I'm guessing this transmission is pretty good but every once in a while there's going to be that one that's got a issue. Its just I didn't think it would be mine with less than a 1000 miles on it, but it happens they all can't be perfect.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
They just called me and told me they want to replace the transmission and a new one was just ordered.
Oh man that really sucks. Please let us know what they find out.

Did they at least give you a free loaner?

Ya anybody with any kind of noise should go get it checked because I'm guessing this transmission is pretty good but every once in a while there's going to be that one that's got a issue. Its just I didn't think it would be mine with less than a 1000 miles on it, but it happens they all can't be perfect.
Yea just sucks it had to be you man,your having a great attitude about it though. As much as I would hate to admit I would be flipping. But like you said everything can't be perfect.

Yea MK got a good question. Did they offer a loaner,tell'em you want a FOST or mustang gt for the time being/your troubles,haha. I guess they said you can drive it like it is right now since a new tranny going in anyways?

-ry

There are always those that slip through the cracks. It is a first year production of this car isnt it?

My friend works for a well known car website and they get to borrow cars from dealers. They got a MO Fiesta ST that had 4 miles on it from the lot and they couldn't get it into first after 3 miles. They had to ship the car back to ford to get it checked out and fixed. 2 weeks later they get it back with a new transmission and proceed to put 4k miles on it. After he let me drive it I bought my car 2 weeks later.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #30
Transmission is in Memphis

They called today and said luckily there's a transmission already assembled and on it's way from Memphis, it already had fluid in it so it's got to be driven in, they expect it this Tuesday. That's pretty quick I thought. They didn't talk about a loaner yet but I don't think getting one will be an issue.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
So if it has had fluid in it , is it then a new used transmission ?? Nothing wrong with that just curious..

They called today and said luckily there's a transmission already assembled and on it's way from Memphis, it already had fluid in it so it's got to be driven in, they expect it this Tuesday. That's pretty quick I thought. They didn't talk about a loaner yet but I don't think getting one will be an issue.
Great news,you'll have it back in no time hopefully. I know I sure would miss my baby...

-ry

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #35
Hopefully the trans arrived I'll know tomorrow and then it should be a quick trip to the dealer. I know it can't take long to swap out a transmission with a 1000 miles on it with a new one. I can't wait to have her back 100% again!!

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #38
Good to hear Ford got you a new transmission. Btw how did you get ST on your nav screen?
Yes definitely good, and I've got about a bunch that I rotate through that I uploaded search MYFT backgrounds you should find all you need to help you upload them in your center console USB port or SD card slot that's how I uploaded them. Settings and display and edit wallpaper there's the black screen and a FORD logo from factory already uploaded. Hope this helps a little.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Yes I've got the FSWERKS intake on my car.
That's good they didn't make a big deal over that.
I'm waiting for someone who flashed their car with the AP to go in for warranty work, I'm still not sold that they can't tell if you've flashed the ecu or not