Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Noise When A/C is On

I didn't notice this noise before, only had the car a month and a half. When the a/c is on I can hear the compressor/fan or something from the engine bay in the cabin. I don't recall it being this loud, but I usually have the radio on. This was taken with the a/c off, the sound goes away a min after I turn the a/c off, so this isn't a vent. I hope it's normal, never noticed the sound before.

http://sendvid.com/vit6223e (Around 90 Degrees, More High Pitch, More Stress on AC?)

http://sendvid.com/3nhnuox9 (Around 68 degrees, Not as loud)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It was the power steering that is all electric...so please allow myself to retard that statement. Mine also does make noise..So i could care less about noise due to having a/c again ....I haven't had a working a/c system in any vehicle I owned for the last decade. And even totally deleted it from my Typhoon....it made a huge difference in the cleanliness and less shit to f#&k around with when I'm dilly dallying on it when it's hot as the sun and my for arms get burned by the Dp or turbo or exhaust.

OP
N
Thread Starter #4
Mine does the same the ST has a really loud A/C system
Yeah, just making sure it wasn't me. This morning when I turned it on it wasn't as noticeable, but then again it was only 68 degrees outside. Yesterday was low 65, high 90. It started to become louder when I drove it in the afternoon (closer to 90 degrees). I'm just guessing more stress on the unit due to heat. That's really the only thing I can think of. Thanks though!