Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Non-ST front sway bar

JT-KGY

I have heard that non-ST (any model?) front sway bar is larger than ST's.
However, I checked a few Ford parts website and found that ST/non-ST have the same part number for front bar.
What am I missing here?

Also, if I were to use the non-ST bar, do I need to need to get non-ST bracket/bushings as well?

Thanks!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have been using the NON-FiST front bar for years now.
Yes, you must change the bushings as well but the brackets are the same.

If your parts guy is having a hard time?
Just get the VIN off any NON-FiST to look up the correct part.
The bar is the same on any NON-FiST, '11-'15, I never checked '16 so I am not sure.

Dave

This might be off topic but wouldn't a larger front sway bar make the car push more in the corners and not rotate through them? What would the advantage of that be?

Pete

Sway bars are usually the final touches of tuning suspension. So for example I have ford racing coilovers but with spring rates 425F and 425R (in springs stock location, not on the coilover). I also have the Eibach front and rear sway bar along with Pierce's rear torsion bar. The Eibach sway bar is huge compared to stock but with my spring set up it works very well. I still get plenty of rotation on low speed turns and on high speed corners the car is completely neutral (when aero mods start kicking in). Everyone's set up is different so it becomes a trial and error until you are completely happy with the set up. For example I get little to no body roll from the car and I enjoy that.