Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

nonstandard or DIY symposer delete

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Yes, I had the rubber freeze plug installed with a jam nut against the included one and blue loctite into the plastic pipe. I put the hose AND symposer back over it for stock look. However, I removed the actual symposer later, when I installed the ramair silicone intake hose and whoosh crossover pipe. Then I removed the freeze plug and put in a used boomba w/threaded hole I bought used here.

If you remove the symposer, but keep the rubber hose on, you can put the freeze plug in that. See the thread he posted above.

OP
G
Thread Starter #6
Thanks. That thread was what I was looking for. Need to do something stealth for the eventual Cali smog check.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thanks. That thread was what I was looking for. Need to do something stealth for the eventual Cali smog check.
Not sure a smog check would be worried about a plug in your cold pipe, but the stealthiest way would be to use some plain black charge pipes that removes that spot completely, Whoosh and Depo has them reasonable, in fact Depo has hot and cold sides for $189 total. https://www.deporacing.us/shop/ford/2013-ford-fiesta-st-intercooler-pipe-kit-copy/