Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Not going into gear! No pedal!!

Did I blow the brand new slave cylinder!!!!!

Just finished a lsd,flywheel and clutch job.
Car wouldn’t go into gear when running. If i turn car off it would go into gear without using clutch.
I bleed clutch several times and had a firm pedal. At one point I was able to slip into gear but shifting into gear didn’t seem right. After a Few try’s I lost the clutch pedal pressure. I was able to slip it into gear while off to get back home. Now I can’t build pressure for the clutch. Did I blow the slave cylinder??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Did I blow the brand new slave cylinder!!!!!

Just finished a lsd,flywheel and clutch job.
Car wouldn’t go into gear when running. If i turn car off it would go into gear without using clutch.
I bleed clutch several times and had a firm pedal. At one point I was able to slip into gear but shifting into gear didn’t seem right. After a Few try’s I lost the clutch pedal pressure. I was able to slip it into gear while off to get back home. Now I can’t build pressure for the clutch. Did I blow the slave cylinder??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will it push out fluid with the bleeder open while depressing the clutch? Using a vacuum bleeder? My first slave replacement was a pain to get bled. Second time no problems. Check connector to slave?

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Might have a ton of air in the line. Perhaps the bleeder didnt shut all the way??

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
really dumb question, but did you install the clutch disc the right way around? If its OEM it tells you which way it goes but idk about aftermarket.

I installed one backwards, had the same issues, it worked for a few shifts, and then it blew apart because it was touching part of the clutch disc that it shouldn't have been.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
If you can get your hands on one, try to rebleed the slave cylinder with a one man brake bleeder. They are really cheap 30 bucks maybe. Sounds like you didn't bleed it well enough and clutch isn't disengaging. That explains why you can shift no problem while the engine is off but can't when it's turning, not enough hydraulic pressure to squeeze the clutch disc.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Hello, ever figure out what the problem was? I’m currently having the same problem except I had someone else swap my trans. All new parts like you, but the car won’t go in gear and pedal can’t build pressure.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Did you end up moving the slave cylinder by hand dry?? That may have damaged it

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Get you a one man bleeder and bleed the clutch better. If the pedal falls to the floor your not building any pressure. If the gears won't go in you could have binding in your transmission cables or you might not have mated the gears properly. I'd start with a bleed and check your cables to verify they aren't binding.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Verify you have brake fluid in the brake fluid container, make sure your not leaking brake fluid underneath.

really dumb question, but did you install the clutch disc the right way around? If its OEM it tells you which way it goes but idk about aftermarket.
I was just about to post this. I installed a clutch backwards on my BMW once and it did exactly the OP's behavior.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
So, weird question... What would cause the transmission to leak fluid while filling not from the fill hole but from the bell housing....

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So, weird question... What would cause the transmission to leak fluid while filling not from the fill hole but from the bell housing....

bad input shaft seal if it’s transmission fluid, if it’s brake fluid the slave cylinder has exploded lol.