Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OCC VTC boost leak?

Anyone else experiece boost leak with an oil catch can with a VTA breather? Just installed one today and could notice a dramatic difference in boost loss.. Running a stage 2 Dizzy tune. After I took the filter off and capped the VTA outlet, my boost came back. Thank you for any responses

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
did you install a check valve from the can to the manifold? is the check valve arrow pointing from the can into the manifold if you have one?
Yup. It was a Damond Motorsports OCC. Everything installed correctly. From what I am reading, the VTA should not cause any boost leak, but damn it was so obvious after I installed it with the VTA and when I capped the VTA outlet, all my boost came back. Or I could have effed something up along the way, lol who knows. But I was curious if anyone else has had this issue. Thanks

KKaWing

Sounds like the check valve is wonky. I used the same setup before and it holds boost with or without the vta adapter. It's the only thing I can think of that can go wrong like you described.

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
Yeah I think I will reinstall it on my next oil change and try again. Thanks for the response

Anyone else experiece boost leak with an oil catch can with a VTA breather? Just installed one today and could notice a dramatic difference in boost loss.. Running a stage 2 Dizzy tune. After I took the filter off and capped the VTA outlet, my boost came back. Thank you for any responses
Yeah me we pressurize my intake with smoke and it came right out the vta. It’s not supposed to do that i went from 29 to 2psi

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am so paranoid about boost leaks on my Damond system that I not only forgo the VTA filter, but I also put a barbed fitting into the drain hose, and then tightly vacuum capped THAT, just in case the (spherical??) drain valve could ever leak over time. [wink]