Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Odd sensor behind the head unit

I was installing Sync3 update and I found this gadget glued to the plastic behind the head unit and wired into APIM harness. Part search returned nothing...

Anyone knows what this is? (Black part is the unplugged connector that goes into the harness).

Cheers,

IMG_2246 (Medium).JPG

Do you have a lien or is the vehicle leased? Curious to see if it's a dealer installed tracking device for repo purposes not sure if that's where they would put it but no idea what else it would be.

That is the center air vent register temperature sensor for the automatic temperature control.
No, that's the little vent on the dash next to the steering column on USDM models (you'll hear the fan in it spinning when the car is on).

Like bombo107, I'm guessing some kind of aftermarket GPS antenna (this is often where they go in Sync2->3 upgrades). It very much looks like a GPS antenna with the flat top and plastic top cover.

Bingo. Temp Sensor - Ford (CV6Z-19C734-A)

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
Oh, that. I thought we were talking about the black device on the left. Yeah, that's what reads the vent output air temp for auto climate control.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Oh, that. I thought we were talking about the black device on the left. Yeah, that's what reads the vent output air temp for auto climate control.
Yeah, I'm going off "behind the head unit". That cover to the left looks like it goes over the sensor.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

OP
foodtruck
Thread Starter #9
Awesome, thanks everyone! Yeah, that black box is the aftermarket one I'm installing with the sync unit.