Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

i wouldnt go over 330-340whp if you wanted to be on the safe side the car was super reliable on the stock fuel system at 300whp with a x47r the engine had 60490 miles when it let loose and spent the majority of its life with a hybrid turbo on e30 and got beat on a daily basis. 300whp is reliable so thats where id cap it if I wanted it to live a long happy life haha and yes i swapped in a escape 1.6 for a temporary fix and to get some runs in while the engine that blew is being built it goes to our machinist in carlisle pa this weekend to be sleeved then once its back ill start the assembly on the built engine. And im located in west Virginia currently

cool good luck with the buil !.I think the block is good for 500 hp ? If I were you I'd do a forged crank and uptown forged rods and pistons if you have not doen that yet. I'm surprised that engineers let the bean counter force them into an iron crank to begin with.

I just got my single port injection, i want 300whp on 93 over my current 260ish and I’ll be happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
i wouldnt go over 330-340whp if you wanted to be on the safe side the car was super reliable on the stock fuel system at 300whp with a x47r the engine had 60490 miles when it let loose and spent the majority of its life with a hybrid turbo on e30 and got beat on a daily basis. 300whp is reliable so thats where id cap it if I wanted it to live a long happy life haha and yes i swapped in a escape 1.6 for a temporary fix and to get some runs in while the engine that blew is being built it goes to our machinist in carlisle pa this weekend to be sleeved then once its back ill start the assembly on the built engine. And im located in west Virginia currently
Who is the Builder?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Cobb stage 3, x47r, 93 tune on a mustang awd dynamometer 243hp 280tq

Not all that happy with the numbers but this is all she had in her. Stopped making power at 23 psi at 29psi it only made 3hp more so 23 is where it was set.
276whp (calculated using mustang to dynojet conversion) is about right for the factory fuel system.

What do I have to do I have to do to get to the 300hp mark everyone talks about? Tuner said I still had more fuel to go. Also said inter cooler is still sufficient. His answer was the turbo just wont make any more power.

Only two things I can think of is
1. ditch the cobb catted down pipe for a cattles
2. Methanol or ethanol

With a splash of ethanol you should be able to squeeze out 300 on a dynojet even with the catted downpipe. sadly on a mustang dyno youll never see 300whp with the stock fuel system. If you dont have easy access to ethanol id get racegas additive or go water meth to get you to 300whp with a aggressive tune 😁 octain of the fuel is whats holding you back currently

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
What do I have to do I have to do to get to the 300hp mark everyone talks about? Tuner said I still had more fuel to go. Also said inter cooler is still sufficient. His answer was the turbo just wont make any more power.

2. Methanol or ethanol
You were probably making 160whp on the stock car on a mustang dyno.

Who is your tuner? The X47R will absolutely run out of fuel before you run out of turbo. Also what WGA do you have paired with the turbo? To not make more power at 26psig vs 23psig tells me you may have a heatsoaking problem. What intercooler are you running?

A catless downpipe will net you nothing if you already have a high flow cat. Ethanol is always an option as well.

Efi logics did my tuning there tuner calvin worked for cobb I guess. I have complete cobb stage 3 and the x47r with there turbosmart wg. I asked him heat soak problem, he said no. I asked him wastegate lifting, he said no. I asked about a boost leak he said no. I asked if I was running out of fuel, he said no. I asked if my bov was not tight enough, he said it was set fine. Only thing I'm seeing is not being able to get the timing with the higher boost to make more power. And that's a octane thing.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Efi logics did my tuning there tuner calvin worked for cobb I guess. I have complete cobb stage 3 and the x47r with there turbosmart wg. I asked him heat soak problem, he said no. I asked him wastegate lifting, he said no. I asked about a boost leak he said no. I asked if I was running out of fuel, he said no. I asked if my bov was not tight enough, he said it was set fine. Only thing I'm seeing is not being able to get the timing with the higher boost to make more power. And that's a octane thing.
Put it on a dynojet and you'll get closer to 300whp without any additional mods!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Cobb stage 3, x47r, 93 tune on a mustang awd dynamometer 243hp 280tq

Not all that happy with the numbers but this is all she had in her. Stopped making power at 23 psi at 26psi it only made 3hp more so 23 is where it was set.
answer is

2. Methanol or ethanol
E30-40 IS YOUR ANSWER DUDE.

For those curious
Hybrid turbo vs stock k39
Same day dyno
Stage 2 car vs my whoosh hybrid
Thanks for sharing Whoosh Hybrid results. Lots of meaningful data, and I'm certainly curious. Nice to see a back-to-back with stock turbo. Curious what fuel for the comparison, E30 or 93? Did you do a tubular manifold with the Hybrid? Sorry if you've already mentioned, wondering who did the tune? Great info as I'm considering heading the same way.

Ok guys added methanol injection and headed back to efi logics for another run with the x47r. Calvin said the turbo is completely out of air. Plenty of fuel to go. Base line with last years tune to start was 244hp and 267tq 22.5 psi guess the outside temperature changed it from last year a bit.. methanol added and we got 261hp 295tq 25.2 psi .... so disappointed in this turbo. I'm happy how it feels but I was under the impression we can max our fuel system and though she had more in her. I will put it on a dynojet just to see if then numbers change. but it still won't change the capability of this turbo.

Attachments

Last edited: