Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oh for f***€ sake!!

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I
I thought the Pierce 2 point and Mountune braces did different things? πŸ€”
They both stiffen the chassis but they do it in different places. The Pierce 2-pt brace eliminated some wheel hop that I was experiencing. I'm hoping that the Mountune brace will do that and more -- but reviews are so few and far between on the Mountune brace, so I'm not sure what to expect.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
They both stiffen the chassis but they do it in different places. The Pierce 2-pt brace eliminated some wheel hop that I was experiencing. I'm hoping that the Mountune brace will do that and more -- but reviews are so few and far between on the Mountune brace, so I'm not sure what to expect.
If you can stand the wait time get a TB 4 point brace. It grabs all of the control arm mounting points. ( where it will be most effective)

green_henry

1000 Post Club
If you can stand the wait time get a TB 4 point brace. It grabs all of the control arm mounting points. ( where it will be most effective)
The TB brace is intriguing, but it looks "taller" than the Mountune brace so I'd be concerned about clearance. I have Mountune almost everywhere else on my FiST, so I may as well go all in :giggle:

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
I get keeping parts companies the same. Its cool when it all works out that way.

I have the mountune brace. Its ground clearance downside is zero. It sits between the chassis and two diagonally mounted OEM braces so maybe adds 1/2" under the car at most. It's not the lowest point under the car.

I haven't had or dont have any of the other braces so nothing to campare it to, but it did seem to tighten up the front end. Not a huge difference but it seems noticeable. I am on a Strat 91 tune so wheelhop has not been much of an issue. No squeaks or complaints of any kind after about 4k miles. Beyond easy to install. I got mine used, I would have a hard time justifying the price new but I wanted the best ground clearence option. It's expensive new but as usual with Mountune its very high quality.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have the mountune brace. Its ground clearance downside is zero. It sits between the chassis and two diagonally mounted OEM braces so maybe adds 1/2" under the car at most. It's not the lowest point under the car.

I haven't had or dont have any of the other braces so nothing to campare it to, but it did seem to tighten up the front end. Not a huge difference but it seems noticeable. I am on a Strat 91 tune so wheelhop has not been much of an issue. No squeaks or complaints of any kind after about 4k miles. Beyond easy to install. I got mine used, I would have a hard time justifying the price new but I wanted the best ground clearence option. It's expensive new but as usual with Mountune its very high quality.
It also might be the single ONLY one which will clear my skid plate, if I were so inclined to add a front lower brace. [wink] [thumb]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Good news is you do not need more than a 2 point brace which you can DIY for free or dirt cheap. I have been saying this since 2014 when I started the mods on my car, $25k worth, built many parts myself to get what I wanted and been doing this over 50 years, build race cars, street/race cars, roll cages, etc....the only brace this car needs is a two point up front, period.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Good news is you do not need more than a 2 point brace which you can DIY for free or dirt cheap. I have been saying this since 2014 when I started the mods on my car, $25k worth, built many parts myself to get what I wanted and been doing this over 50 years, build race cars, street/race cars, roll cages, etc....the only brace this car needs is a two point up front, period.
Really? I thougt at least a 4 point was good and the 6 point better. If i can shed 12 pounds off the nose and keep the same performance in down. I literally have no wheel hop right now and thats where i want to stay.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Really? I thougt at least a 4 point was good and the 6 point better. If i can shed 12 pounds off the nose and keep the same performance in down. I literally have no wheel hop right now and thats where i want to stay.
I currently have the Pierce 2-pt brace, and it cured the wheel hop. I think you're right that the 4-pt and 6-pt are (marginally) better, but if you want to shed weight (which would also be marginal), the 2-pt should do the job.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
I currently have the Pierce 2-pt brace, and it cured the wheel hop. I think you're right that the 4-pt and 6-pt are (marginally) better, but if you want to shed weight (which would also be marginal), the 2-pt should do the job.
Its like 15-20 pounds for the 6 point i think. Not heavy but its not light either.

For the price i might just grab the whole street package and then the i beam brace later. I think that should round out the bracing part of my suspension refresh next year.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OrangeFiST General Automotive Discussions 11
Sakel Fiesta ST Build Projects 148