Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil Change issue

So Saturday I went to Cortese Ford in Henrietta to get one of my 2 free oil changes. Fast forward to today I noticed the car not making boost. I pull into Walmart and check the oil, none to be found on the dipstick. I purchased 5 qts Ford Synthetic blend 5w20 and added a total of 4 qts til it finally showed on the dipstick. Still no boost, I reset the ECU and now it seems to boost normal. What should I do? I am worried the engine was run severely low on oil, though no oil indication lamp lit at all. I knew to check the oil because in my Honda the VTEC would stop working if oil was low. I am very frustrated. Suggestions?

OP
S
Thread Starter #2
I messaged ford service to see if they could help. let's hope

me32

1000 Post Club
How did you not notice the car ticking really bad when you left? Being 4qts low would make the car sound funny and im sure run hotter.

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
there was no lifter tick, car sounded normal when idling...

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I would have called the dealer to bring a flatbed and demand a warranty extension.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
I would have called the dealer to bring a flatbed and demand a warranty extension.
dealer was closed, I called Ford roadside but I had already added 4 qts of oil. I will call the dealer today and demand a leakdown and compression test and maybe have them pay for an oil sample test for damage

Chuckable

4 quarts is an awful lot to be missing. When they write up the repair order, try to make sure that it says something like, "Customer reports checking oil level and finding no oil on dipstick. Customer then added 4 quarts of oil to bring to proper level." This way if your engine ever grenades outside of warranty you may some some basis for asking for coverage. Better yet, though, see if you can get them to extend the warranty like you mentioned [wrenchin]

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
I am thinking of adding an oil pressure gauge as well to prevent anything stupid like this in the future too..I will report what they did for me on Saturday

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
Little update, Cortese called and wants me to bring the car in after work and will provide a loaner while they look it over

OP
S
Thread Starter #13
so they stated I overfilled it, they drained some out and it seemed to run ok, but after 50 or so miles I lost boost again. I flash it back to stock tune and I get stock boost levels, I put stage 3 on it seems fine, drive a bit then loose all boost again. rinse and repeat. No codes thrown. All I can think of is somehow the wastegate is being opened electronically for some reason?? I am running with stock tune on it now, if it happens on stock tune I will have the dealer tow it away.

Rhinopolis

What all do you have done to the car besides stage 3 tune, and I assume that you mean Cobb AP?

What all do you have done to the car besides stage 3 tune, and I assume that you mean Cobb AP?
Thought I saw a post from a mechanic that works at a Ford dealer and how they've seen lots of FiST's come in that had the Cobb AP with custume tunes and overboost issues, but this was mainly people with transmission issues and the overboost causing damage to the transmission because the extra boost available in the lower gears compared to stock tune.

OP
S
Thread Starter #16
actually I think I figured this out, Wife is not as familiar with my car as I am and I think she is inadvertently changing to the economy tune on cruise control