Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ok I might be really stupid

The Fiesta, having been designed by Germans, also has some very German quirks. Like the shared brake and clutch reservoirs. The upper one there is for the clutch. If you follow the hoses you’ll find the one for the brakes.

This also causes fun things like how you may have noticed that your braking force changes with how much clutch you’re using at the time.

No worries Boss, no question should be off limits when you’re trying to learn. I would recommend doing research first and exhausting other sources first. But if you couldn’t find it elsewhere feel free to ask here. If it bothers anyone they should go take a nap.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Fiesta, having been designed by Germans, also has some very German quirks. Like the shared brake and clutch reservoirs. The upper one there is for the clutch. If you follow the hoses you’ll find the one for the brakes.

This also causes fun things like how you may have noticed that your braking force changes with how much clutch you’re using at the time.
Yes, I REALLY wish that they could have given us individual, dedicated reservoirs for brakes and clutch. [mad] [:(]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I am not saying you are wrong but I never felt this.
Although both the clutch and brakes share the same reservoir, they have two separate master cylinders.
I do not understand how it could even happen unless the fluid in the reservoir is very low causing fluid starvation in either system.
Therefore for that reason, I do agree that there should be two separate reservoirs.

I am not saying you are wrong but I never felt this.
Although both the clutch and brakes share the same reservoir, they have two separate master cylinders.
I do not understand how it could even happen unless the fluid in the reservoir is very low causing fluid starvation in either system.
Therefore for that reason, I do agree that there should be two separate reservoirs.
I've not noticed it as much on my '16, to be fair. My '15 definitely did it, and I checked that fluid probably a dozen times over a month when I first noticed it. Never seemed off. Really not sure why it did it, but it definitely changed the braking pressure if I released the clutch while rolling to a stop.