Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

OMG FORD! Get on top of things!

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Do any of you have problems talking to your dealership or Ford in general about your RS?

1st I had to make an inspection appt and they tried telling me the VIN I was giving them wasn't a vin number. When I insisted they hear me out they finally figured out it was due to the made in Germany part of the RS.

Now today I called Ford directly about updating my SYNC3 and once again the guy tried telling me my VIN was wrong...

GET ON IT FORD! Know your vehicles!!!!! ARGH! [:(!]

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
LOL I know what you're going through, the lady at the dealer that took my service appointment did the same thing. She kept on saying you're giving the wrong VIN.

Do any of you have problems talking to your dealership or Ford in general about your RS?

1st I had to make an inspection appt and they tried telling me the VIN I was giving them wasn't a vin number. When I insisted they hear me out they finally figured out it was due to the made in Germany part of the RS.

Now today I called Ford directly about updating my SYNC3 and once again the guy tried telling me my VIN was wrong...

The first couple of alpha letters indicate where the car was built and they probably get use to what they see on a daily basis... certainly not the RS which has Germany as the starting point!
I've had no problem with my local dealer who took my order back in December 2015 at MSRP to handling my concerns regarding servicing my RS without joyriding. They even did a courtesy alignment check. Its helpful to get on good terms with your servicewriter who can help you out when in a jam.