Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

One less Performance Blue on the road :(

Sadly, there is now one less FiST on the road :(

I had a blue one in the Dallas area, until Thursday night - when some hit & run ************************* dashed 3 lanes over on the westbound 635 to try and make the 35E south exit at the last minute! Thanks to years of track & AutoX since 1974, everything went into slo-mo and autopilot. I am lucky to be alive right now, but the car has been declared a write off.

Was in the far right lane with no traffic around me. Saw a big black sedan (Mercedes or BMW) out of the corner of my eye coming at me about 45 degrees towards the front of my car. I swerved to the right to avoid contact, but he still hit my left front bumper, and continued on without stopping! Car started to go sideways, but racing skills kicked in, and I calmly fought for control. Ended up going right between 2 guardrails, missing both (left had the crush zone, right one would have sliced us in half!), and then the bottom of the car was ripped to shreds by a large upraised concrete, went through a couple of signs, then into gravel. Am lucky the car finally stopped where it did, cause a few feet further, I would have gone over an embankment, either head first hitting the road below, or flipped with the roof (and me) crushed - and perhaps hit by another car on that road!

All this time, the jerk took off, and not one person stopped to help, see of I was ok, or to be a witness!

Man, am I pissed off!!!!!!

Now I need to find another car soon.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Biggest thing is that you are okay...the car can be replaced.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
As others have said Glad you are OK and sorry for your loss and finding out nobody gives a rip.. Cars can be replaced

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Tell me about it. Im in the dallas area quite often and I see shit like this everyday. Lots of low lifes in this area.

Sorry to see, glad your ok cars can always be replaced. I drive for a living and this is the exact reason all my cars have a dash cam. The FiST will be getting one as well when it arrives.

MOFiST

Sorry to see, glad your ok cars can always be replaced. I drive for a living and this is the exact reason all my cars have a dash cam. The FiST will be getting one as well when it arrives.
Sad that it has come to this but I'm the same. Front and rear dashcam. Though in your case a side pointing dashcam would've caught the best shots. Those little front windows could be useful after all ;)
The amount of bad drivers on the roads seams to increase every year exponentially. The cops don't seem to have the resources blah blah.
Good your ok. Sad society that no one at least stopped to render assistance.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
Damn, that is a great idea with the cams. But also a damn shame it has to come to that these days.

So needless to say, are their any PB or MO FiST's in the Dallas area? I had the full package one with the Recaro seats, sunroof, painted wheels and red calipers. Would also take a FoST in ST3 trim if the price is right.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Too bad we could not find out what recycler it is going to I would be in for the transmission...

Sorry that looked heartless but I am interested ;)

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Damn, that is a great idea with the cams. But also a damn shame it has to come to that these days.

So needless to say, are their any PB or MO FiST's in the Dallas area? I had the full package one with the Recaro seats, sunroof, painted wheels and red calipers. Would also take a FoST in ST3 trim if the price is right.
My FoST3 was only ~$1500 more than my loaded FiST, both brand-new. It's really a lot of bang for the dollar and worth looking into if you're interested in one. Check truecar.com for am idea of what they're going for in your area.

OP
S
Thread Starter #12
Too bad we could not find out what recycler it is going to I would be in for the transmission...

Sorry that looked heartless but I am interested ;)
The car is currently at Westway Ford in Irving, Texas. Can call "BB" the manager, at 972-659-2396, and ask? It is the Blue FiST out in the back. Otherwise, Amica is my insurance company that will be taking it.

OP
S
Thread Starter #13
Are there any differences between a 2014 and 2015 FiST's? Cause I found one if each in MO not too far away, with all the options I wanted, and had on my original.

Also, is MO a decent color to get over the PB I had? Does it keep its value? Cause there are no PB anywhere to be found.

14 going to have the better rebates. Believe its the same car. I'm in dfw and have a performance blue btw. I didn't really want that color to begin with but it was the one with the options I wanted. Now the color is growing on me. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't change colors unless it was a lime green.

OP
S
Thread Starter #15
Don't think the cops are looking at all for the jerk, and told me most of the traffic cams are not even working, wow!

I have finally been able to find an MO with everything on it, so back to being a FiST owner again! And hopefully THIS TIME, a FiST in MO will be bright enough to see, and NOT hit again!

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Don't think the cops are looking at all for the jerk, and told me most of the traffic cams are not even working, wow!

I have finally been able to find an MO with everything on it, so back to being a FiST owner again! And hopefully THIS TIME, a FiST in MO will be bright enough to see, and NOT hit again!

Congrats! And great color choice!