Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

only 150km and already an oil leak

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
My expectations are over the top? Ya I dont think so. I expect my brand new car not to leak oil. I think thats a pretty reasonable thing to expect from a new car. Maybe your used to that sort of thing being a Ford owner for a while. This is my first and I'm not.

Ok so my brand new car is leaking oil. Sure lets say mistakes like that should happen. 5 days to get a seal? Give me a break. U cant tell me that thats not a long ass time to get a seal.

If Ford has so many bigger issues with new cars that they cant deal with my "minor" issue then that is a news flash.
You probably already know this but being in Canada can suck when it comes to getting replacement parts. I have a cousin that live in Ont and its the same thing over there with parts for his Audi.

OP
G
Thread Starter #22
Go buy a Subaru, and good luck with those ringlands.
Have bought 2 new Subarus, never had a big issue. Especially when they were brand new.

You probably already know this but being in Canada can suck when it comes to getting replacement parts. I have a cousin that live in Ont and its the same thing over there with parts for his Audi.
Where exactly in Canada do u think I live? I live in Vancouver not exactly middle of no where. Ya... Ive ordered parts before 5 days is a long time to get a part and yes even for Canada lol.

I dont know maybe it is an over reaction but im sure you can understand my frustration. I bought a new car to drive it, not to drive a rental car. By the end of this week ill have driven the rental car for as long as my own car. That is extremely frustrating.

Maybe your used to buying cars that need to be brought back and fixed... ive never had to do that ever to a new car. I guess im mostly worried because Ford "Fix Or Repair Daily" still has that unreliability stigma attached to them and Im already dealing with issues at 150km so worried about what grief the car will give me at 80000km.
Feel free to rant, you aren't over reacting.

I would be pissed too.

The people who say you are overreacting don't have a bad oil leak at 300 miles and aren't driving a rental for weeks.

You are like the .01% but just know it will get taken care of...sorry man

My mother had 2 new subaru (2010 and 2014). Blown head gasket at 20 000km on the 2010. So far so good on the 2014 (10 000km). It is frustrating but manufacturing default can happen on brand new car, even on subarus.

OP
G
Thread Starter #25
Feel free to rant, you aren't over reacting.

I would be pissed too.

The people who say you are overreacting don't have a bad oil leak at 300 miles and aren't driving a rental for weeks.

You are like the .01% but just know it will get taken care of...sorry man

Thanks for saying that. Everybody on here just keeps saying I'm over reacting but I really dont think I am.

The oil leak out of the factory is just a small part of the frustration. I think the worst part is that Ford knew but didnt give a crap enough to fix it at the plant but instead let the customer deal with it. Sure new engines can have problems but if you knew about a problem, fix it before it leaves instead of trying to just cover it up.

Also the Ford after care so far has just been terrible. That adds to the frustration here. I emailed them last Tuesday to see if they could at least do anything about shortening the time to get the part and to tell them about my experience. I get an email back later that day saying a customer service manager will get back to me in 1 business day. Well the week goes by no one calls. Monday I call and get some guy from India telling me there is nothing he can do and to wait for my CSR to get back to me. I finally get a phone call Tuesday but couldnt get it. I call them back Tuesday no answer, left message no call back, then Wednesday no answer again, left message. Anyway, no point talking to them now but what BS.

I'm already "talking" with someone but thank you for your reply. They tried calling once and left a message Ive called twice now left 2messages hopefully they will call back one day, but its not really necessary at this point. I actually just got my vehicle back yesterday...
Thank you for the updates, glen. Be assured that we value your business and will do our best to ensure your satisfaction. Please let me know if you need anything.

Kwasi

me32

1000 Post Club
Op things happen. There's really no way to catch an oil leak out of the factory unless they test drive it for a few hundred miles or the oil leak is huge an its dripping before it leaves. You situation sucks but at least its fixable an you should have a free rental car fo the time being.