Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Opening up rear diffuser

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #21
Now this is wishful thinking ....if I was near Cape Canaveral....I would try to sneak my car into NASA....but I am almost at launch....and I don't have a degree in Rocket Surgery...Haha.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Rocket surgery lol

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #22
No it is nothing like the Versus however, I do know someone with the Versus installed and he says their claims are correct.

It was more like an air foil mounted below the rear valance.
As I said I still have it but it is storage and it may be some time before I can get to it.
Curious to see what it looks like

Post up pics if you get the Verus diffuser mounted! I've been really eyeing one myself if the claims are noticeable.

I don't really understand enough about airflow to understand how their diffuser can both reduce drag and increase downforce. Seems like those two aerodynamics work opposite of eachother (like how a rear wing increases downforce at the expense of more drag)

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #24
Post up pics if you get the Verus diffuser mounted! I've been really eyeing one myself if the claims are noticeable.

I don't really understand enough about airflow to understand how their diffuser can both reduce drag and increase downforce. Seems like those two aerodynamics work opposite of eachother (like how a rear wing increases downforce at the expense of more drag)
Typhoon will have it in tomorrow. As far as aerodynamics goes, I suppose we’ll have to take them on their word

That looks great! I did some quick research and as I figured, I did not understand how the aerodynamics of the underbody of a vehicle works. Seems that a properly designed rear diffuser (like the Verus) can do both increase downforce and reduce drag (as they claim) by cleaning up the low pressure zone underneath the car and making it exit cleaner into the high pressure zone behind the vehicle. Essentially helping to suck the air out of the underbody faster. Made sense to me at least! I wish they posted the research for the FiST diffuser on their website like they have done for many of the other cars they produce parts for.

koozy

3000 Post Club
That looks great! I did some quick research and as I figured, I did not understand how the aerodynamics of the underbody of a vehicle works. Seems that a properly designed rear diffuser (like the Verus) can do both increase downforce and reduce drag (as they claim) by cleaning up the low pressure zone underneath the car and making it exit cleaner into the high pressure zone behind the vehicle. Essentially helping to suck the air out of the underbody faster. Made sense to me at least! I wish they posted the research for the FiST diffuser on their website like they have done for many of the other cars they produce parts for.
D-resonant felt the effects that he was willing to give up his rear sway bar for it. I think there was clearance issues with the bar, he's better to comment on that though since he actually has it.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #29
If it is doing this then it is performing exactly the way I want it to. Damn hatchback negative pressure zones!

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #31
D-resonant felt the effects that he was willing to give up his rear sway bar for it. I think there was clearance issues with the bar, he's better to comment on that though since he actually has it.
Don’t tell me Hotchkis

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #33
I bought one deeply discounted. Did he try to finagle it in there or did just realize they can’t exist together and throw in the towel?

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #34
Ron@whoosh is there any way to ask Versus if they can modify their rear diffuser to fit with a rear sway bar?

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #36
I have this diffuser on my car with the Eibach rear sway bar and had zero issues with the install
Thanks for the response. I have the Hotchkis rear sway bar. Did you install it yourself?

Yeah install wasn't that bad, and Verus provides spacers to lower down the diffuser if you need more room. I used the spacers that were mentioned in the instructions and didn't have problems. I still have the factory exhaust as well and when its time to upgrade I am sure I will be needing the provided extra spacers

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #38
So now I wonder what the difference is between Hotchkis and Eibach?

Only difference I see with the Hotchkis vs the Eibach is the Hotchkis uses an extra bracket for the lower shock bolt but other than that they pretty much look the same and shouldn't have any issues with the diffuser. When I installed mine I believe I had to install the Diffuser first then snake in the sway bar, There wasn't a lot of room and having the car up on a lift made things a lot easier. Next time I have the car up I will try and take some pictures for you.