Options for Shifter Extension?

Member ID
In quick browsing, I only see that [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] has a Fiesta specific part. It also looks really well put together. On their site it is listed as not in stock and looks to have been that way for a while; similar to their symposer delete. http://deadhookmotorsports.com/DHM-Fiesta-and-Focus-ST-Shifter-Extension

Does anyone make something similar to DHMs part (or DHM, can you make some more of these)? My issue is not reach, but I want my shifter higher to reduce steering wheel to shifter movement (thinking 2-4". I have a Boomba knob that I absolutely love so keeping that compatibility is a must. Additionally, since this is a "naked" part that is highly visible, it has to look good.

Member ID
I waited for months last year for DHM to make one. Even had emails going back and forth - but nothing came of it. I finally found one used. That's honestly your best bet

Member ID
In quick browsing, I only see that [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] has a Fiesta specific part. It also looks really well put together. On their site it is listed as not in stock and looks to have been that way for a while; similar to their symposer delete. http://deadhookmotorsports.com/DHM-Fiesta-and-Focus-ST-Shifter-Extension

Does anyone make something similar to DHMs part (or DHM, can you make some more of these)? My issue is not reach, but I want my shifter higher to reduce steering wheel to shifter movement (thinking 2-4". I have a Boomba knob that I absolutely love so keeping that compatibility is a must. Additionally, since this is a "naked" part that is highly visible, it has to look good.
I was looking at buying the reverse lockout adapter from CJ Pony Parts then getting any shifter extension. Just a thought I had but have yet to do, if I do this soon I'll be sure to post pics.

OP
D
Member ID
Thread Starter #5

DangerMouse

Member ID
I have a vms eBay reverse lockout adapter with a twm extension. The height is perfect, only problem is its kind of ugly and doesn't stay tight. I have been meaning to email wc lathe werks about a custom extension. Would be nice to have a one piece extension that fits over the lockout but only tapers slightly enough that the knob fits over it.

Here is my setup currently.

Member ID
Check out likewise i think they make one that would fit our cars

OP
D
Member ID
Thread Starter #8
Check out likewise i think they make one that would fit our cars

That site brought me back to college and sex shows in Amsterdam. But If I never need a weed grinder/shiftknob/dildo combo, I found the place. [drummer]

Member ID
I had the same combo for a while. While the shift position is nicer, it makes the throws MUCH longer, so you'll want to pair it with a short shift kit (like the FSWERKS bracket) if that will bother you. Also, it loosens on its own a lot, or it did for me. I think it's because I had the bend aiming toward me, so every time I pulled it was torquing the arm in the loosening direction. Just something to be aware of.

Member ID
Yeah, 6" is a really big extension.

I am guessing you lose the reverse lockout with these extensions?

Member ID
You could just find a tall knob that fits. I have a 9k racing GT1 knob thats about 6 inches total length, so maybe 4 more than stock once installed. It took a little bit of modification to the lock out collar but it fits just right.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

OP
D
Member ID
Thread Starter #13
You could just find a tall knob that fits. I have a 9k racing GT1 knob thats about 6 inches total length, so maybe 4 more than stock once installed. It took a little bit of modification to the lock out collar but it fits just right.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge
Do I spy a Deadpool Lego dude?