Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

order drama

To make a long story short about me expecting to take delivery of my new FiST.

Ordered 7/26 with expected delivery date of 10/12 which is a Sunday so expected to take delivery on Monday. Dealer told me on Monday (10/13) that that car is here and waiting on the Ramp. They needed to do a PDI and everything should be good to go. Though out that day I didn't hear anything so I call my dealer and he said that it's still waiting for a PDI. Tuesday rolls around and same story. Wednesday dealer told me that they didn't have the keys. They thought the the delivery driver had them so they had to track him down. Fast forward to today (10/16). My dealer calls me and tells me that the car wasn't shipped with any keys. How does that happen? The dealer has to get new key's shipped and coded. So now I'm stuck waiting again with no eta. So disappointing. This is my first time buying American to. Just wanted to share my experience.

me32

1000 Post Club
Sorry this happened someone dropped the ball. Contact the ford service rep on the site.

To make a long story short about me expecting to take delivery of my new FiST.

Ordered 7/26 with expected delivery date of 10/12 which is a Sunday so expected to take delivery on Monday. Dealer told me on Monday (10/13) that that car is here and waiting on the Ramp. They needed to do a PDI and everything should be good to go. Though out that day I didn't hear anything so I call my dealer and he said that it's still waiting for a PDI. Tuesday rolls around and same story. Wednesday dealer told me that they didn't have the keys. They thought the the delivery driver had them so they had to track him down. Fast forward to today (10/16). My dealer calls me and tells me that the car wasn't shipped with any keys. How does that happen? The dealer has to get new key's shipped and coded. So now I'm stuck waiting again with no eta. So disappointing. This is my first time buying American to. Just wanted to share my experience.
Have the keys been delivered yet? I'll be happy to document your feedback if you'd like. Just let me know & I'll fill you in on the details I'll need.

Sorry this happened someone dropped the ball. Contact the ford service rep on the site.
Thanks!

Meagan

OP
toptier
Thread Starter #4
Hey Meagan,

Nope haven't heard anything yet either. I'll PM you the details I know so far.

Sorry to hear about the mix-up, toptier. It really seems hard to believe your car got processed and loaded on a transport with keys that got "lost"? Reminds me of a similar story from my father years ago when his ordered new Lincoln was shipped to his dealer. He was told the car was there, but he couldn't pick it up until the factory shipped some missing part (I can't remember what part). Well, my father decided to drive to the dealer anyway and found his new car in the body shop getting repaired. Seems the transporter driver dented a fender when unloading his car. Needless to say, my father had something to say to the dealership management (I can't repeat here) and then walked away from the deal with his down payment in hand.

If you are close to your dealership toptier, it may not hurt to just drop in to see how they are doing with resolving the key problem...and to have a look around the lot.

OP
toptier
Thread Starter #8
Thanks everyone. It's now been 2 weeks since the car arrived and I still haven't taken delivery. I've been in contact with Ford Service but haven't really gotten any real info on what's going on with the car or a time frame. The only thing I know it's that Ford accepted the blame for the missing keys. This is kinda ridiculous that I have not been contacted with an update. I'm almost ready to walk from the deal.

That sucks, I feel your pain

The sales guy who I ordered my FiST from stopped responding to e-mails and calls a while ago. I finally got fed up and went into the dealership (it is like a 30 minute drive for me)... turns out he quit and left already for 3 weeks [:(!]

So unprofessional for him not to notify his active clients, and also the dealership not to at least try to get in touch with people whom he was dealing with. I got an update on my car, but I don't really have a contact person anymore to figure out WTF is going on.

me32

1000 Post Club
That sucks, I feel your pain

The sales guy who I ordered my FiST from stopped responding to e-mails and calls a while ago. I finally got fed up and went into the dealership (it is like a 30 minute drive for me)... turns out he quit and left already for 3 weeks [:(!]

So unprofessional for him not to notify his active clients, and also the dealership not to at least try to get in touch with people whom he was dealing with. I got an update on my car, but I don't really have a contact person anymore to figure out WTF is going on.
I would back out of the deal then. Go to another dealership.

Thanks everyone. It's now been 2 weeks since the car arrived and I still haven't taken delivery. I've been in contact with Ford Service but haven't really gotten any real info on what's going on with the car or a time frame. The only thing I know it's that Ford accepted the blame for the missing keys. This is kinda ridiculous that I have not been contacted with an update. I'm almost ready to walk from the deal.
I'd make sure that nothing has happened to the car... This may be a way to cover up for something they did to the car? Or do you know if for sure they lost the keys?

I would back out of the deal then. Go to another dealership.
I doubt I can do it without losing my 2K deposit

I have the VIN number for the car, just no sales person managing it. I will go bug them in about 2 weeks as that is getting closer to when it should arrive

me32

1000 Post Club
I doubt I can do it without losing my 2K deposit

I have the VIN number for the car, just no sales person managing it. I will go bug them in about 2 weeks as that is getting closer to when it should arrive
Sure you can an get your full deposit back. Unless Canada has different laws on that.

Sure you can an get your full deposit back. Unless Canada has different laws on that.
Pretty sure they would have to give you your money back, at least that's what my dealer told me as well, that I could back out, and I'm in Ottawa :)