Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ordering Tires

So I have checked on line for some tires and I found a good deal on Tire Rack, how does the install work? Who covers the warranty?

My brand new tires from Costco only had 7500 miles and I get a nail near the sidewall, they charged my 70 dollars for that tire, they stated that tire went up 70 dollars in one year, is that the new trend?
Thanks in advance

SteveS

1000 Post Club
There are four ways to go with installation.
1. Tire Rack has installer shops which have signed up to be their authorized installers all over the country. You can have the tires shipped directly to the installer's shop and then make an appointment to bring the car in.
2. You can have the tires shipped to you and then take them with the car to the installer of your choice.
3. You can arrange with a contracted mobile tire installer to come to your home or business to install the tires.
4. You can have Tire Rack's mobile installer service come to install the tires.
The mobile installation is subject to there being mobile installers in your area.

You can read about the options here: https://www.tirerack.com/content/tirerack/desktop/en/deliver_installation.html

Tire Rack offers a two year road hazard warranty. It works through what is basically an insurance company. I just had a puncture and went through the process about 2 months ago. You go to any local tire store and get it fixed. Then you go to their website and submit a claim, sending an image of the receipt for the repair. The insurance company then sends you a check for the cost of the repair. In my case it took about a week. If the tire is unrepairable, it will pay to replace the tire.

Treadwear warranty (if offered) is through the tire manufacturer. This is true no matter where you buy the tire. You can get treadwear warranty from any dealer for that tire brand.

OP
Old Rally fan
Thread Starter #4
Thank you Steve S it looks like a no brainer, the tires cost so much at Costco now. I need to get this car sold and spending 1500 on tires is way to much.
contemplative+_shrimp I find going to Costco for tires is as much fun as going to AM/PM for gas.

Costco was the starting the snow ball for getting my FiST stolen,Costco ordered the tires, I paid for them, they called me to let me know they were in, the guy who ordered them then said THAT he could not install them because they were the wrong speed rating, even though their website recommends that exact tire. So I then had to go to Firestone to get tires and I was an idiot for giving my personal address, they came back stole the car to get the rims and tires.

Cneu

Premium Account
Thank you Steve S it looks like a no brainer, the tires cost so much at Costco now. I need to get this car sold and spending 1500 on tires is way to much.
contemplative+_shrimp I find going to Costco for tires is as much fun as going to AM/PM for gas.

Costco was the starting the snow ball for getting my FiST stolen,Costco ordered the tires, I paid for them, they called me to let me know they were in, the guy who ordered them then said THAT he could not install them because they were the wrong speed rating, even though their website recommends that exact tire. So I then had to go to Firestone to get tires and I was an idiot for giving my personal address, they came back stole the car to get the rims and tires.
this was a rollercoaster of a post. lol sorry that happened.